Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
1gllow.jpg

5czqm8.jpg

5bbl2.jpg

osy06s.jpg

2r542de.jpg

You can keep telling them that nursing from behind is a s@#$ty idea, they never listen do they?

Looks like it won't be long until spring comes along for you now

Snow is leaving fast. Interesting how much is going in the ground.

Sitting in the dentist chair in Williams Lake at present. An offending rear molar is being removed. Waiting for the second round of freezing to take effect.

Nesikep":98xpxlau said:
You can keep telling them that nursing from behind is a s@#$ty idea, they never listen do they?

I had a cow named Steamroller (came by that name honestly) and all her bull calves were named s@#t head because they always nursed from behind. Her heifer calves never did - go figure.

TCRanch":6lw4vb31 said:
Nesikep":6lw4vb31 said:

I had a cow named Steamroller (came by that name honestly) and all her bull calves were named s@#t head because they always nursed from behind. Her heifer calves never did - go figure.

It is baffling some of the patterns you discover.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":401cv0qc said:
Nice group of calves.

Thank you Jeanne, we have had better years getting them born alive but they are staying healthy and growing for the most part.

32 days past due date and we are a couple of points over 90% calved. We had 260 born in an 11 day period. Should make for a uniform bunch at weaning this fall.

260 calves in 11 days. Wow!

Dumb question: if you have high death losses, why not calve a little later in the year??

angus9259":1zqpxm2c said:
260 calves in 11 days. Wow!

Dumb question: if you have high death losses, why not calve a little later in the year??

Another year, we weaned 102% out of 300 cows. This was just a rotten weather, late spring all around. I know of a 3000 cow outfit in Saskatchewan that lost 400 in one late blizzard.

We will end up with about 95%, could have been worse.

Latest posts