More bad news about dead cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Never has been a render truck around here in my recall. The animals went out back a while back. The County for a while buried them for free. Now we pay $40 to put them in the ground.

I remember when I was growing up the dead stock truck used to PAY for a freshly dead calf or steer. Then it came to pass that they didn't pay but would show up same day for fresh...then my dad dug a big hole out back and, well you all know the story.

Onthebit":35ydwwdb said:
I remember when I was growing up the dead stock truck used to PAY for a freshly dead calf or steer. Then it came to pass that they didn't pay but would show up same day for fresh...then my dad dug a big hole out back and, well you all know the story.

I remember well the cycle. They paid for them, then they picked them up for free, now you have to pay to have them hauled away. Looks like before long that won;t even be happening.
Same thing happened in the butcher shop with the waste trimmings

We have never had those options here. In our area, you just move them to the back corner of the field and they're cleaned up in a couple of days. Nature works for free...

I can imagine that this would be a problem in places where there are lots of farms and regulations regarding disposal, but here we haul them to the woods out back and let nature take its course...not really too worried about mad cow up here...our cows are entirely on pasture, we haven't bought any for years, and there's no other herds for miles.

grannysoo":241a6f8y said:
We have never had those options here. In our area, you just move them to the back corner of the field and they're cleaned up in a couple of days. Nature works for free...

thats how i thought it worked for most people. But i learn alot on these boards.

Latest posts