moonshine

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
One friend spends most of his on booze and women...the rest he said he just wastes. :lol:

An 84 year old man today told me he needed a quart. A quart normally lasts him a few months. It seems the source he had used all these years passed on.

He is now living in an apartment. Has a bird feeder out front. Mostly he sites and watches television and those little birds. Meals on Wheels brings him a lunch each day and he pays for that. He has a decent pension from his work place.

He's a good old man. Good as gold. I asked him what I could get him and he told me a good quart of moonshine was about all he'd ever need. He's been out for a while.

If anyone knows a source, pm me.

There was a wide spot in the road on the French Broad river that had a "Jet" motel. Just check in and tell them you're thristy. Worked 45 years ago. As advanced as those folks are it probaly still will.

denoginnizer":3brhyclb said:
You can get it in the liquor stores here even comes in the mason jar.
It's just gotta taste different and not as good if it's bonded!

denoginnizer":2oc7fiz0 said:
You can get it in the liquor stores here even comes in the mason jar.

That'd be the safest thing. Some folks seem to get their panties all in a wad when you go moving stuff like this across state lines.

jedstivers":3e0xxxls said:
If you know the Sheriff very well ask him, they usually know the best and safest source.

That might just be the most astute statement I have ever read on this forum. ROTFLMAO.

Only in Arkansas would someone have the good sense to ask the Sheriff who makes the best shine.

3waycross":34akheak said:
jedstivers":34akheak said:
If you know the Sheriff very well ask him, they usually know the best and safest source.

That might just be the most astute statement I have ever read on this forum. ROTFLMAO.

Only in Arkansas would someone have the good sense to ask the Sheriff who makes the best shine.
I swear its the best way to go.

jedstivers":18e0yuuh said:
3waycross":18e0yuuh said:
jedstivers":18e0yuuh said:

I swear its the best way to go.
I will say the moonshine from Arkansas is pretty good. :lol:

My Dad and Uncle use to have a little country store in Sapaulpa, Oklahoma. When the revenuers men came around Dad would raise a red flag on the pole next to the store to warn his friends. Aunt Lucy told me it worked well. True story, Aunt Lucy would never fibb.
Tom.

Nobody's making shine on Comanche Peak anymore? Seems like you could find some up in them hills around Glen Rose...

Red Bull Breeder":kjn4l51w said:
Hey 3way just who would you ask in Colorado?? Not much of a Sheriff if he don't no who is making the best shine in his county.

Sad to say my friend but around here all they make in the hills any more is Meth. BTW the Sheriff is a very good friend of mine. If there was any shine being made we would be sharing it.

When I was a kid my godfather took me up in the mtns about 20 miles from where we live and showed me the still and all where his dad and some other fellas made liquor during prohabition. It was cool as he[[.

Lammie":3k4ayqm9 said:
Nobody's making shine on Comanche Peak anymore? Seems like you could find some up in them hills around Glen Rose...

Amazing isn't it. "Shine City" has gone dry it appears. It used to be the bootlegging capital of Texas. Now all the stills are in museums. He lives there. The old source he had up towards Chalk Mountain apparently passed on. Was that the last of the Mohicans?

There are a lot of folks around making wine.

I might try that liquor store quart to get him by. Never heard of that but I seldom go to a liquor store. He's going to know it is not authentic.

Virginia is too far. I'll be making a trip to Marshall in a couple of weeks. Marshall isn't all that far from Arkansas.

The shine from the liquor store just don't cut it. That stuff leaves you with the next morning headache from haydes.

If you come by South GA, give me a holler. I know a guy that knows a guy....

Several years ago when My Father was living and I was working at a public job, I came in and he was tickled that the last man in our county had brought him some moonshine. Several days later I asked him how was his moonshine. He said not worth a crap but it sure was good to put on chigger bites. He also told me about one time he decided to make him some moonshine. He told me that was the hardest work with the least return he ever done in his life. He has been gone now since Aug 2002 sure miss him and his stories.

3waycross":1j1ywgb0 said:
jedstivers":1j1ywgb0 said:

Jed is right, the Sheriff an the county judge used to furnish the corn and sugar for the bootleggers here, probably still do.
Its just not that big of a deal here.

Only no two oldtimers who could still make the good stuff and only one of them that you could get to do it. I need to go see him. Might get him to make a batch just to show me how.

I bet a man that was good with metal and machinery and farming could figure out how to make a little shine.