Montana Rancher and the Yuppie

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
A Montana rancher was overseeing his herd in a remote mounatinous range when suddenly a bran-new BMW came out of a dust cloud towards him.

The driver a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes and ray Bay sun glasses leans out the window and asked the rancher. "If I can tell you how many cows you have in your herd will you give me a calf?"

The rancher looks over yuppie then out over his peacefully grazing herd and calmly says, "sure , why not."

The yuppie parks his car, pulls out a Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone and surfs to a NASA page where he calls-up a GPS sattelite navagation system to get a exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA sattelite that scans the area in ultra high resolution photo. The young man then exports the photo to a processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.

Within seconds he receives an email on his palm pilot notifing him that the photo has been processed and the data stored. aHe then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spread sheet and within a few minutes he received a response. Finally he prints out a full color, 150 page report on his high-tech miniaturized HP LaserJet.

He turns to the rancher and says, "you have 1,586 head in your herd.

"That's right", the rancher answers. Well I guess that you'll take one of my calves.
He watches the yuppie select an animal and load it into the trunk of his car and says to the young man, " if I can tell you
you occupation will you give me back my animal?"

The yuppie thinks about if for a second and says. "OK, why not"

The rancher says" your a congressman for the US Government".

"Wow, you're right" answered the yuppie "but how did you guess that?.

"No guessing replied", the rancher, "you showed upo here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer that I already knew, to a question I never asked."
"You tried to show me how much smarter and advanced than me you are; and you don't know a thing about cows!"

"This is a herd of sheep....now give me back my dog!"