Montana Coyote Hunter

Help Support CattleToday:

rusty

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Location
Duck,WV
P.A.L":20z97tia said:
rusty":20z97tia said:
I'd just be careful on having a open invatation on my property.I have heard of people making a living off sueing people.

What this mean? For what they sue people?

Some people make a living by sueing others.My state is trying to pass a law where you can't sue someone for getting hurt hunting on their property.I know a guy who wrecked a 4wheeler while tresspassing and still sued the property owner and won.
 

P.A.L

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
Finland
rusty":2pmv350q said:
P.A.L":2pmv350q said:
rusty":2pmv350q said:
I'd just be careful on having a open invatation on my property.I have heard of people making a living off sueing people.

What this mean? For what they sue people?

Some people make a living by sueing others.My state is trying to pass a law where you can't sue someone for getting hurt hunting on their property.I know a guy who wrecked a 4wheeler while tresspassing and still sued the property owner and won.

:???:

I've heard of something about americans "interesting" lawsuits, Allso you got funny warning texts in your products. Like dont dry a cat in microwave or something like that :lol:

Still i dont understand, how is possible to win lawsuit like that..... korrupted judge?? really good lawyers??
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
11
Location
MO Ozarks
P.A.L":8fecs7ku said:
I've heard of something about americans "interesting" lawsuits, Allso you got funny warning texts in your products. Like dont dry a cat in microwave or something like that :lol:

Still i dont understand, how is possible to win lawsuit like that..... korrupted judge?? really good lawyers??
The warnings are to hopefully keep people from winning too many lawsuits for doing something so stupid that they should be dead anyway.
As to winning the lawsuits, that's a case I think of people in the jury being just as stupid as the ones that bring the lawsuit in the first place. And it's all encouraged by lawyers greed.
 

Dave

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
10,450
Reaction score
2,453
Location
Baker County, Oregon
I got out of jury duty a couple weeks ago because I answered one of the lawyers that I didn't believe in sueing people. The lawyers bounced me right out of there. I really didn't want to sit on a jury for a case they predicted to go a week and a half in a slander/liable case.
 

rusty

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Location
Duck,WV
Dave":39y2x6vy said:
I got out of jury duty a couple weeks ago because I answered one of the lawyers that I didn't believe in sueing people. The lawyers bounced me right out of there. I really didn't want to sit on a jury for a case they predicted to go a week and a half in a slander/liable case.

I will have to keep that in mind it sounds better than telling them i'm racisist.By the way i'm not but a friend told me they would let you out of jury duty if you told them something outragous.Lucky so far the only time I was called for it I had moved and they called me for my old county.When I called them and told them I couldn't do it they said I had to show up real huffy like then I said I had moved out of county and they said I had to still send in a letter asking to be let off but that I would be let off.Didn't understand why but I did it anyhow figured they could still cause me grief.
 

Brandonm22

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
0
P.A.L":3eaqgcmj said:
rusty":3eaqgcmj said:
I'd just be careful on having a open invatation on my property.I have heard of people making a living off sueing people.

What this mean? For what they sue people?

This is the U.S. you can sue just about anybody for your own stupidity. IF I string a cable across my private road on my property and some idiot comes riding along on a motorbike or ATV and gets himself killed, his family will sue me and my insurance company for about $5 million saying that I contributed to his death EVEN IF the property is legally posted "No tresspassing". If a kid sneaks onto my property and drowns in my pond, my pond could be ruled an attractive nuisance and I could be sued for my negligence. IF somebody sneaks onto my property and falls out of my tree where he was growing his marijuana (they plant them in 5 gallon buckets hanging from trees so the DEA plants can't spot them with their electronics which detect fields) he might find an attorney who will represent him in a suit against me.
 

grannysoo

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
4,813
Reaction score
0
Location
The Briar Patch
Jogeephus":1ven2a94 said:
You can sure make a dent in them if you use one of those electronic calls with the wounded rabbit sound and one of those little weasle toys you can get at toys are us. (Not to highjack the thread but have you ever heard one of these tapes? Do you think someone actually tortures a rabbit and records the noise or do you think its fake? Always wondered this.)

I keep expecting to hear on the news that it has been Dick Cheney getting all the screaming rabbit tapes........

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
Brandonm22":2b7jxbtj said:
This is the U.S. you can sue just about anybody for your own stupidity. IF I string a cable across my private road on my property and some idiot comes riding along on a motorbike or ATV and gets himself killed, his family will sue me and my insurance company for about $5 million saying that I contributed to his death EVEN IF the property is legally posted "No tresspassing". If a kid sneaks onto my property and drowns in my pond, my pond could be ruled an attractive nuisance and I could be sued for my negligence. IF somebody sneaks onto my property and falls out of my tree where he was growing his marijuana (they plant them in 5 gallon buckets hanging from trees so the DEA plants can't spot them with their electronics which detect fields) he might find an attorney who will represent him in a suit against me.

None of these are applicable in Georgia. On the pot thing, I think they want you to at least harvest it so they can consifscate the money since they can't spend the weed itself.
 

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
1
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
a friend of mine in texas got sued and the guy won here is the reason

friends house was on a road and it made a jog right in front of his house county installed guard rails in front of his house they didn't work he had 2 cars within 6 months hit his house 1st time no one was home second time car went thru and hit his 3 yr old daughters bed and injured her only minor injuries thankfully
my friend went on his property behind the county easement and install I beam 4 ft high and concreted in the ground about 4 ft apart so it wouldn't happen again

less than 3 months later a car travelling at a high rate of speed missed the jog in the road and went thru the guard rail and hit the I beams it stopped the car but crippled the driver he sued my friend and won a lawsuit for endangering the welfare of others in excess of 2 million $

if my friends daughter had been killed when struck by the 2 nd car there wouldn't have been much he could do because the driver didn't have any insurance and my friends homeowners had to pay to fix the house
So yes some of the laws in the U.S.A suck they are for the crooks not for the honest people
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
I see two problems with the jury selection process. First is that the attorneys study them and profile them. There are people who make a living doing this cause they can read people. I don't think this is right and I think its a total waste of the potential jurors time. Why not just reach in a box and pull out names? Second problem I see is that - as some have posted - people try to get off jury duty cause this is a major inconvenience to them and it will cost them money. When this happens, it can leave a box full of jurors who were too dumb to get off jury duty and think $25/day is good pay. JMO
 

mnmtranching

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
5,061
Reaction score
1
Location
MN
I think that jurors should consist only of retired folks. Why? because they have the time and they have been around the block. Why take the working people?
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
Yeah, just think of those poor souls who were picked to be on the OJ trial. This was a circus and they were sequestered for months weren't they. I think this even led to some divorces and some financial problems for the jurors.
 

Latest posts

Top