Montana Bird hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
2 of 150 pics.

P1010026-1.jpg

P1010066-2.jpg

Pics are Sharptails. I got a few Huns too.

I started out North of Culbertson, then West to Bitter Creek WSA,
then to the North Frenchmans. Then the Missouri breaks on the North side from South of the Little Rockies to the Fort Peck Dam.

Going to Judith Landing tomorrow to help a friend who is floating the river. Running shuttle for him.
Your a ways from our place, but might be close to Old Timer.
Come father west next time and stop in and say "Hello"

You didn't see any snattlerakes around that old tar-paper house did you. Looks like a good place for them to den up.

What's your dogs names? (oldest to youngest)

I luv herfs, I came out to Ft Peck Dam up the Willow Creek road, I'm pretty sure that looks out across Old Timers place. If not, darn close. Some real good cow country. Crops look good, bales of hay everywhere. [at least in the bottom land]

Jo, You know, the weather was plenty warm enough for them rattlers to be out. Didn't even think about it, but then :shock: saw a couple squished on the road. [good place for em :D :D ]
That old bird dog is named Ruff Ruff :oops: [kids :roll: ] 11 years old, kinda slowing down like his old master. The other is Cooper 5 years old, he is quite the athlete haven't got him tired out yet.

Oh yah, got 4 yotes on the trip 1` with the 12 gauge and 3 with the 270. :D

I luv herfrds":1lf2pfju said:
Going to Judith Landing tomorrow to help a friend who is floating the river. Running shuttle for him.
Your a ways from our place, but might be close to Old Timer.
Come father west next time and stop in and say "Hello"

Is Judith landing on the Judith River going into the Missouri? Where bouts are you in MT?

It is just east of the Judith River on the Missouri River.
I am outside of Fort Benton.

They were late coming in yesterday. Normally get there about noon. They came in just before 2pm. 15 minutes before they got there it was perfectly calm, then the wind hit.

Latest posts