Money well spent?

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Sweden to study belching cows
A Swedish university has received $590,000 in research funds to measure the greenhouse gases released when cows belch. About 20 cows will participate in the project run by the Swedish University for Agricultural Sciences. Cattle release methane, a greenhouse gas believed to contribute to global warming, when they digest their food.
The United Nation's Food and Agriculture Organization issued at report near the end of 2006 that said "cattle-rearing generates more global warming greenhouse gases, as measured in CO2 equivalent, than transportation." That quote received a lot of airtime and headlines from most of the major media outlets but has been disputed by many livestock groups. As reported by Drovers in October 2007, Karen Batra, director of public affairs for the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, said, "Environmental Protection Agency data shows that livestock contribute less than 2.4 percent of total U.S. greenhouse emissions, while fossil fuel combustion contributes 80 percent." Additionally, Dr. Martin J. Hodson, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, England, says cattle are directly responsible for a relatively small proportion of global warming. Specifically, he says, ruminants are responsible for 6.3 percent of global warming. To read the story from the October issue, go to http://www.drovers.com. — G.H.

Wow, there are some scientists out there that need to get a life...

The solution is so simple. Beano in the food.

Can I be a scientist now?

Yes Lammie, now you need to get the grant money rolling in so you can study.......... what??????
I know, the gas from a horse and how that affects global warming and why they mainly do it when you pick up their hind feet. :lol:
you can use my husbands horse since he is known for that.

I thought this had been done already in a Uni in the States somewhere!??? Oh! well Lammie if you want to do a methane gas on humans I can send you my son he is good at that. :?

Latest posts