Monday morning fun

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
This morning I am getting to be an "expert witness" in a civil trial. Oh what fun!!!! I didn't volunteer for this.

So I arrive on time to give my testimony. Then the lawyer comes out and says it might be an hour or two because they are arguing if a engineer and I who actually went out to this site will even be allowed to testify. So now I wait...... I already have about three days time in preparing for this. And now I get to wait to see if I even get to testify. I even put on a white shirt and a clean pair of jeans this morning. Looking all respectable for court and such. I decided the reason they check for weapons at the court house is not to protect the general public but to keep the general public from opening season on lawyers. Good thing I have CT to kill the time.

Dave":2ihpkz1n said:
Good thing I have CT to kill the time.
Take a 'selfie' and post it on the 'support the beards' thread, your waiting will be up in no time at all ;-)

alisonb":hhr41irb said:
Dave":hhr41irb said:
Good thing I have CT to kill the time.
Take a 'selfie' and post it on the 'support the beards' thread, your waiting will be up in no time at all ;-)

For some reason I have never been able to get pictures to post here. It is Monday morning and I am too technologically challenged to try posting a picture this morning.

Dave":14ggpw3n said:
This morning I am getting to be an "expert witness" in a civil trial. Oh what fun!!!! I didn't volunteer for this.

So I arrive on time to give my testimony. Then the lawyer comes out and says it might be an hour or two because they are arguing if a engineer and I who actually went out to this site will even be allowed to testify. So now I wait...... I already have about three days time in preparing for this. And now I get to wait to see if I even get to testify. I even put on a white shirt and a clean pair of jeans this morning. Looking all respectable for court and such. I decided the reason they check for weapons at the court house is not to protect the general public but to keep the general public from opening season on lawyers. Good thing I have CT to kill the time.

Just don't forget to keep your clock running. Expert witnesses get paid pretty well. ;-)

john250":149eurti said:
Dave":149eurti said:
I even put on a white shirt and a clean pair of jeans this morning.

Shower? Or just fresh deodorant? :hide:

Court is always a miserable experience, and justice is occasionally served--but only occasionally.

I went to whole nine yards. Shower, fresh deodorant, and I brushed my teeth. Even washed my one white shirt last night so it would look nice and clean. But I am still sitting here.......

john250":w0cv06pt said:
Court is always a miserable experience, and justice is occasionally served--but only occasionally.

I think it was BEZ who said "the rich have a justice system, the rest of us have only a legal system".

Latest posts