Monday Monday

Help Support CattleToday:

Lesson learned. Don't load or unload off level when metal on metal. No friction when its wet. I know, redbull pointed it out first. Joe metioned it rained. Samething can happen when its dewey out.

Walt

I have to pick up my new-to-me crawler in the morning from the welding shop. I am apprehensive enough about loading it without looking at that. :lol:

Bandsaw":37hhldby said:
I have to pick up my new-to-me crawler in the morning from the welding shop. I am apprehensive enough about loading it without looking at that. :lol:

:D It is a bit un-nerving when you're at a 45 degree angle going up the ramps and all you can see is blue sky. Then you feel pretty good when you level off and get it parked and chained down. A little later you can start thinking about the prospect of backing the thing off the lowboy.

ga. prime":1pddow3l said:
Bandsaw":1pddow3l said:

:D It is a bit un-nerving when you're at a 45 degree angle going up the ramps and all you can see is blue sky. Then you feel pretty good when you level off and get it parked and chained down. A little later you can start thinking about the prospect of backing the thing off the lowboy.

What gets me is the breaking point when you go from the 45 to the horizontal in just a second. Don't think I'll ever get used to this. :oops:

Jogeephus":ityyd13m said:
ga. prime":ityyd13m said:

What gets me is the breaking point when you go from the 45 to the horizontal in just a second. Don't think I'll ever get used to this. :oops:
that is when most people mess up they don't let them ease down and the tractor slams and it causes problem or bounces and they get crooked or start sliding
just takes practice to get the feel of the machine and let it go down easy going to load mine this morning
wish me luck

Jogeephus":27a1zp8g said:
Its also one of the few times I will put on a safety belt. :nod:

I always wear it. If you're working in the woods and run over a stump unexpectedly, there is nothing to hold on to and nothing to stop you from sailing out across the hood except that safety belt. Should wear a hard hat also, but I don't. You can get your head bounced off the steel roof when you run over a stump even wearing the belt.

ga. prime":y1v2ree1 said:
Jogeephus":y1v2ree1 said:
Its also one of the few times I will put on a safety belt. :nod:

I always wear it. If you're working in the woods and run over a stump unexpectedly, there is nothing to hold on to and nothing to stop you from sailing out across the hood except that safety belt. Should wear a hard hat also, but I don't. You can get your head bounced off the steel roof when you run over a stump even wearing the belt.

I agree. I base the use of a seatbelt mainly on conditions. Sometimes I find it neccessary to come off the tractor really fast if those winged demons get on me. :nod:

Jogeephus":yrjnlngl said:
Sometimes I find it neccessary to come off the tractor really fast if those winged demons get on me. :nod:

Those winged demons are my greatest fear. It hurts just thinking about what they can do. I try to scout pretty hard for hornet nests, but those ground dwelling yellow jackets are impervious to detection.

What I didn't mention is the trailer I borrowed doesn't have ramps. I chained three logs together and used them for a ramp. Actually pretty uneventful. :banana: Now all I have to do is back it off after lunch. Time to clear brush then.

Tie flagging all over your tractor tie it in the grill so the fan blows tie on the rops any where you can get it. and you will never be stung by a yellow jacket.

1982vett":3gwzqria said:
So Jogee, how goes Tuesday, the second Monday of the week? :lol:

Pretty uneventful. Cut hay all day and thankfully it didn't rain until I got finished. Also got to work in the shop some cause I let someone borrow a tractor to pull some drunks out of a ditch and they looped the chain over the tie rod and bent it like a pretzel. (they didn't bother mentioning this to me when they returned the tractor) So all in all, just a typical day.

Jogeephus":82tg48iy said:
1982vett":82tg48iy said:

Pretty uneventful. Cut hay all day and thankfully it didn't rain until I got finished. Also got to work in the shop some cause I let someone borrow a tractor to pull some drunks out of a ditch and they looped the chain over the tie rod and bent it like a pretzel. (they didn't bother mentioning this to me when they returned the tractor) So all in all, just a typical day.
Maybe you should have said no, and to make them leave the car/truck there. Hopefully the drunks didn't drive again after that.

Jogeephus":1utqv9xi said:
1982vett":1utqv9xi said:

Boy they just wet on you. In my book this would be justifiable homicide.

Ryder":14wldw8v said:
Jogeephus":14wldw8v said:
1982vett":14wldw8v said:

Boy they just wet on you. In my book this would be justifiable homicide.

And I thought it was just raining. BTW - I want a copy of your book. Sounds like some principles I could learn to live by.