momma cow getting ready to calf

Help Support CattleToday:

onecowfarms

Reaction score
have an old cow here that from some renters it was bred back 10 -15 days after her last calf (i know to soon but you would have to see the owners they would not seperate the year old bull and she got bred i did not even see her lose her belly it was that fast , but she is due any time now and she has been acting real fun to day bellering all day and she is the quitest cow on the lot ,her teets are starting to go side ways ,and now she is riding the other cows in the lot and they are starting ride her i did she the calf kicking the hell out of her side i mean really move
so my ? is this normal

Not "normal" but not unusual either. With any luck you'll have a calf on the ground in the morning.

dun":snv4w2jb said:
Not "normal" but not unusual either. With any luck you'll have a calf on the ground in the morning.
Do yuo think he should seperate her since other cows are riding? Will they be obnoxious and hurt baby? Our cows leave cow about to calve alone.

angie":2zedd88e said:
dun":2zedd88e said:
Do yuo think he should seperate her since other cows are riding? Will they be obnoxious and hurt baby? Our cows leave cow about to calve alone.

It wouldn;t hurt. Usually they will settle down the closer she gets. The only times I've seen it happen the cow calved that night.

You could turn her back out. The behaviour may have stopped by seperating her, problem is there may be a new round and it will be harder re-penning her. Some depends on the size of the pen she's in as to her not liking it. Ours is about 3-4 acres.

Latest posts