Modern Day Donner Party

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Sunday night an Amtrak train headed for LA hit a fallen tree on the track in a Oregon snowstorm
stranding 183 passengers. Now trapped on the train for 34 hours, the first 24 hrs were a giant
kumbaya party. But the last of the food was served 4 hrs ago and it's expected to be another
18-24 hrs before the train will reach the safety of a town. News media is reacting as though if it
goes any longer than that to expect cannibalism. Modern day millennial pioneer hardships.

p.s.
2 children on train have run out of pampers, so they will probably be the first eaten.

cowboy43 said:
36% of Americans are obese, 34% are overweight, = 80% have plenty of lard to last for weeks :hide:

Along with a vast majority have low IQ of let the government pay for it because everything is free.
The government has two ways to raise capital, taxes or print more. It is like tax corporations that's just a hidden income tax. Corporations don't pay taxes they collect them from us or go out of business.
Corporations make money by selling a product that is paid for by the consumer. Once the tax cost become prohibitive to profit they go out of business or overseas. There is no free ride.

The train is stuck right beside a small town but that town is also snowed in. The train is south and east of Eugene, in to the mountains from Eugene. It was reported that Eugene got 18 inches of snow yesterday. That is huge for that area. Wide spread power outage from trees coming down. Everything is at a stand still.

Once heard a cowboy poet do a poem about the Donner Party reunion dinner. I can't remember the poem but it had lines about having finger food. Always liked a Mexican dinner. And the last line was that when you come to the Donner Party reunion be sure to bring a friend for dinner.

M-5 said:
probably not enough fat on any of them to season a spider .

Did you see the news videos of some of these people. Plum scary to think they are the future.
The news media might have looked these characters up like the old UFO days. Sightings always seemed to have a higher incidence near a trailer park.

Caustic Burno said:
M-5 said:
probably not enough fat on any of them to season a spider .

Did you see the news videos of some of these people. Plum scary to think they are the future.
The news media might have looked these characters up like the old UFO days. Sightings always seemed to have a higher incidence near a trailer park.

No, I did not see the video. I guess in my mind the only folks that ride trains is the greenie hippy types and hobos

You had no doubts to their leanings but their IQ was definitely in question.
One clip a group was upset because they were running out of diapers.
This was their issue.

Caustic Burno said:
This was their issue.

I would wager that if it was your great grand baby with the sore dirty butt, you would not be happy.

mwj said:
Caustic Burno said:
This was their issue.

I would wager that if it was your great grand baby with the sore dirty butt, you would not be happy.

Make a diaper out of a dish towel no problem. Wash the dirty ones.
There was life before pampers.

Son of Butch said:
cowboy43 said:
My wife raised 3 sons all cloth diapers.
Truly barbaric... and never tempted to even eat just one? :)
Must be a good woman ya got there.

He duct taped her mouth shut, like you would a sow that has the taste for pork. :cowboy:

It is interesting. They were stuck in Oakridge. There is a store in Oakridge. The video showed 4x4 pickups driving past on the road 20-30 yards from the train. I guess is they could have flagged down one of those pickups and got a ride to the store and back. But Amtrac made the decision to keep everyone on the train..... Of course the new media made it seem like a desperate situation. It was warm, they had food, on a train (especially one sitting still) you can get up and move around. Who was suffering?

Latest posts