Moderate sized cows

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
callmefence said:
************* said:
Let me get this straight, one should be in the cattle business and NOT advertise?

What are your suggestions Fence, put them in a pen beside the road, and put up a cardboard sign on a tobacco stick that has "bulls 4 sale" scribbled with a marker?

Keep one's market to a 5 mile radius?

We've never advertised in four generation's. I've already told you my uncle raises and sells Angus bulls. He doesn't advertise, course he's been doing it a while. Me and my boys go to work everyday with no advertising . We've been around for a while and are known for quality and honesty. But the fact remains that you keep sidestepping the questions. Even though I'm answering yours. Our you out up pics of someone else's cattle.. LoL, that's hilarious. You keep sidestepping cowboy. There's a corner back their somewhere.

Be careful Fence, Ebenezer will jump on here and accuse you of riding on "Daddy's" coattails, especially since it's 4 generations. You just told us all on CT that you didn't build your business from scratch.

I want to clap my hands for you, but I think that the notion of not advertising is nonsense. You advertise here on CT, on the down low, just by the things you have posted on CT. You offered to fence my farm. That's a form of online advertising.

I guess I should applaud your ability to remain obscure, but Branded has bigger goals.

Advertising has worked wonders for SAV, wouldn't you say?
I hear of one guy who swallowed the hook line and sinker. :lol:

************* said:
callmefence said:
************* said:
Let me get this straight, one should be in the cattle business and NOT advertise?

What are your suggestions Fence, put them in a pen beside the road, and put up a cardboard sign on a tobacco stick that has "bulls 4 sale" scribbled with a marker?

Keep one's market to a 5 mile radius?

We've never advertised in four generation's. I've already told you my uncle raises and sells Angus bulls. He doesn't advertise, course he's been doing it a while. Me and my boys go to work everyday with no advertising . We've been around for a while and are known for quality and honesty. But the fact remains that you keep sidestepping the questions. Even though I'm answering yours. Our you out up pics of someone else's cattle.. LoL, that's hilarious. You keep sidestepping cowboy. There's a corner back their somewhere.

Be careful Fence, Ebenezer will jump on here and accuse you of riding on "Daddy's" coattails, especially since it's 4 generations. You just told us all on CT that you didn't build your business from scratch.

I want to clap my hands for you, but I think that the notion of not advertising is nonsense. You advertise here on CT, on the down low, just by the things you have posted on CT. You offered to fence my farm. That's a form of online advertising.

I guess I should applaud your ability to remain obscure, but Branded has bigger goals.

I inherited my land. I inherited no cattle
I did add 50 acres to the estate two years ago. Although just a speck, I was still proud. I built my fence company with a San Angelo bar ,and a pair of posthole diggers and a Chevy S10. All why working another full time job. Nobody ever gave me a dime. I employee my entire family along with a couple of others. I haven't been out of Texas since I was twelve. So if You think I wanted to build your fence, your sadly mistaking. better set your sights high. Cause I've got you beat in every way and I'm 20+ years younger. If you weren't so full of it, you might stand a chance.
You keep dropping names and showing other peoples stock. When it's obvious you can't keep your own sold.
Lol

************* said:
Or a bull like this?

https://youtu.be/3lHv6oy90CQ

Anyone who thinks this bull is not fat, needs to have their head examined. Ive got a fi out there that will dwarf that bull in frame, and bring plenty of muscle. Couple of chars that will to. Just none will bring 600 pounds of fat..

Wheres Raven??

callmefence said:
************* said:
Or a bull like this?

https://youtu.be/3lHv6oy90CQ

Anyone who thinks this bull is not fat, needs to have their head examined. Ive got a fi out there that will dwarf that bull in frame, and bring plenty of muscle. Couple of chars that will to. Just none will bring 600 pounds of fat..

Wheres Raven??

Is this him?

James was relatively new on the board and wanted to impress all of us with his big thick cows. He "probably" posted the biggest fattest "beauties" he could take a picture of, but his herd looks to be in normal fleshing condition this time of year.
I didn't bother to watch the video of the bull, but he is grossly fat. That does not diminish his ability to sire fabulous calves. It is just a statement of what he is at the time of this video.
BTW - nice bull. Is that a Beefmaster??? Old brain - I don't keep up with what everyone is raising.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
James was relatively new on the board and wanted to impress all of us with his big thick cows. He "probably" posted the biggest fattest "beauties" he could take a picture of, but his herd looks to be in normal fleshing condition this time of year.
I didn't bother to watch the video of the bull, but he is grossly fat. That does not diminish his ability to sire fabulous calves. It is just a statement of what he is at the time of this video.
BTW - nice bull. Is that a Beefmaster??? Old brain - I don't keep up with what everyone is raising.
I agree with Jeanne on that bull. One doesn't need to watch the video to see he is over-conditioned. I currently have two excellent bulls in my battery that keep way more condition on pasture than I would like (neither has seen grain of any sort in years). They both sire phenomenal calves. They can both get out and move well and both passed a BSE last week. My main concern at this point is how it will affect their longevity. For me, the real profit in my program is when a bull works a couple of seasons a year, over several years. Time will tell if these two hold up the same as some of their more naturally fit counterparts in my line-up.

Boot Jack Bulls said:
I agree with Jeanne on that bull. One doesn't need to watch the video to see he is over-conditioned. I currently have two excellent bulls in my battery that keep way more condition on pasture than I would like (neither has seen grain of any sort in years). They both sire phenomenal calves. They can both get out and move well and both passed a BSE last week. My main concern at this point is how it will affect their longevity. For me, the real profit in my program is when a bull works a couple of seasons a year, over several years. Time will tell if these two hold up the same as some of their more naturally fit counterparts in my line-up.

You and Jeanne must have missed what I posted earlier. Here is another SAV bull with his working clothes on. He definitely has not been sleeping under a tree.

https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120092&start=75#p1590395

************* said:
Boot Jack Bulls said:

You and Jeanne must have missed what I posted earlier. Here is another SAV bull with his working clothes on. He definitely has not been sleeping under a tree.

I saw it. I like that bull far more in his sale picture, but then again, Pearl is one of the most talented livestock photogs out there. She can make almost anything sale-able. The fact is, the structure on that bull (Elongate) would keep me from ever considering him, if he were on the open market (maybe he is?).
I am curious why you feel the need to keep posting other people's stock to convince any of us?!?! Your stock seems to do wonderfully for you...why do you care what all of us hobby farmers have to say?

Boot Jack Bulls said:
************* said:
Boot Jack Bulls said:

I saw it. I like that bull far more in his sale picture, but then again, Pearl is one of the most talented livestock photogs out there. She can make almost anything sale-able. The fact is, the structure on that bull (Elongate) would keep me from ever considering him, if he were on the open market (maybe he is?).
I am curious why you feel the need to keep posting other people's stock to convince any of us?!?! Your stock seems to do wonderfully for you...why do you care what all of us hobby farmers have to say?

I post mine and they are called morbidly obese.

The photo of SAV Elongate was for the crowd that thinks that SAV genetics cannot hold up to "real world conditions" which is absolutely wrong.

As for posting my own cattle, here is one we bred, that will be used this fall on a group of old cows that I don't want to fool with AI'ng, but still want a calf out of them.

http://bit.ly/2J2CT5z

James, I did not miss anything. We were talking about Moderate size cattle - not the bulls you like.

Jeanne,

Here is a moderate-sized cow on our operation. Born 3/17. She is on the smallish side of what I prefer. She has an SAV Raindance daughter on her side right now, and was recently bred to SAV America. She weighs about 1575 pounds.

http://bit.ly/2FR22yr

************* said:
Boot Jack Bulls said:
************* said:

I post mine and they are called morbidly obese.

The photo of SAV Elongate was for the crowd that thinks that SAV genetics cannot hold up to "real world conditions" which is absolutely wrong.

As for posting my own cattle, here is one we bred, that will be used this fall on a group of old cows that I don't want to fool with AI'ng, but still want a calf out of them.

http://bit.ly/2J2CT5z
I actually like that one quite a bit. Sound, tracks nice, good top line, overall nice structure. I like the condition he is in. I'm guessing he's a yearling based on lack of crest? My only fault on him would be that I find him a touch shallow in his fore rib, but that's really picky on a super looking young bull.

As for SAV, I used the same guy as they did for BSE's for a number of years. I am well aware of their program, and for various reasons, their stock just does not fit with my goals any more. In fact, I used one of the "bull of the year" bulls about 5 years ago. He didn't cross well enough on my Limi influenced females, and nobody even remembers who he was now. If the mood strikes, I may use one of their bulls again, but not today...

************* said:
James, I did not miss anything. We were talking about Moderate size cattle - not the bulls you like.

Jeanne,

Here is a moderate-sized cow on our operation. Born 3/17. She is on the smallish side of what I prefer. She has an SAV Raindance daughter on her side right now, and was recently bred to SAV America. She weighs about 1575 pounds.

http://bit.ly/2FR22yr

I like her a ton! Nice udder, nice structure and good working condition.

Latest posts