MO Red Angus Assoc. Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
April 16 at the Springfield, MO sale barn, aka Springfield Marketing Center

dun

Turned out to be a pretty good sale. Seems like the top wasn't as high as I had expected, not much higher then previous. But the bottom was higher then previous sales.

dun

Well, I spent enough that I won;t be going to the Bellis sale. After looking over the overing I wasn't all that crazy about very much. Didn;t get a potload, but got enough, wife thinks too much.

dun

dun":35lmgst2 said:
Well, I spent enough that I won;t be going to the Bellis sale. After looking over the overing I wasn't all that crazy about very much. Didn;t get a potload, but got enough, wife thinks too much.

dun

I've only been married 2 yrs and I believe all wives carry that trait. :D

I've been looking the Bellis Catalog over and I have seen several that I might be interested in. That is if I could convince the wifey that we needed a few more right now. Problem is, judging by the few sales I've gone to lately, the ones I'm interested in are the ones everyone else is interested in.

That was my problem (possibly good fortune) this week-end. Ended up with ones I wanted, but didn;t get some that folks thought were worth a whole lot more then I did. And naturally, my first pick turned out to be the hgihest seller. I got in the 3rd bid and then it went way over what I was willing to pay. Nice heifer, but to me, not that nice of a heifer

We bailed out when the last of the ones we were interested sold. There were only 3 bulls and they were sold via silent auction.
From the sheet that I have the prices marked on of the 32 head the high was 2800 low 1100, the avg on 32 head of females counting pairs and split pairs was 1578. That incudes two split off calves at 850 and 1000

dun

Latest posts