Mnmtranching - Your deer is ready

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know I finished your deer and I'll send it to you just as soon as your check for $650 clears the bank. Here is a picture of the mount. Very life like don't cha think? I think I caught the essense of your deer as it looks soooo real. I did have a little trouble with the eye supplier so I made due with some cardboard. When I get a black magic marker I'll touch it up a bit. I also let my nepher sew the lips shut. Its his first mount and he was so excited. Might even turn him loose on the eyes. BTW, I should have your moose in the next few weeks. Oh, before I forget, was that other thing you sent me a squirell or was it a fish. I just can't remember.

IMG_3546.jpg

that reminds me of the deer we have in our ag shop classroom....except we are getting a brand new shop and classroom next year so now a senior has taken it and put it on the front grill of his 1955-1960 chevy truck that is painted to look like cactus and mesquite trees....pretty redneck looking if you can imagine :lol:

The picture just doesn't do it justice. I helped an elderly woman haul some stuff to the dump. This was in one of her closets. I think her son read a book on taxidermy and did it himself. I just couldn't throw it away. There was cardboard stuck in its eye sockets and he had taken a magic marker and dotted in the eyes. I think I'm going to hang it from a tree by the road come deer season and watch how many "sportsmen" shoot it. :lol2:

1982vett":9sfyobi0 said:
I was going to say: that is one sad looking animal, but didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. :oops:

I think Mnmtranching will be pleased don't you?

I bet when he gets it he'll take down that big old atypical rack from his cabin wall and hang this mount there in a place of prominance so everyone can marvel at it.

Hey Joe! I like the natural look 8) I kilt that deer after a loooong hard Winter. :frowns: I'm sure glad your taxidermist din't mess with the natural look of froze Winter ears.
Don't know about the eyes though :???: Can't say I'm happy with that. :( You know?? I sure don't want folks to think I go out and shoot a buck with no eyes. :roll:
Have the taxidermist put some eyes in :nod: or NO check. :oops:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: This is a beaut isn't it! :nod: If I don't get my money just wait till you see your moose. :lol2:

All in all, :eek: not to bad.
Oh but :shock: that wasn't a moose it was a Musk Ox. Bet no Georgia taxidermist has done one of those. :cowboy:

Tell you what I'll do. Since its you, and since I'm feeling generous and all today, I'll trade you this fantastic mount for that old squirelly looking rack I saw in your cabin. You know the one with the ugly old tines going every which a way. That's just not a typical rack so you really don't need it collecting dust on your wall. Deal!?!?

Yep. That is the poorest excuse of a set of horns I ever saw. You really need to get it to me so it can be destroyed properly. Antlers are supposed to symmetrical not twisted and curvey like that.

Jogeephus":pcgmqx3t said:
Yep. That is the poorest excuse of a set of horns I ever saw. You really need to get it to me so it can be destroyed properly. Antlers are supposed to symmetrical not twisted and curvey like that.

Joe do you think you could take a grinder to that sucker and make it into a typical 8 point? :help: :lol:

I'd be willing to give it a try. Heck, I might even be good enough with the grinder to make a trophy spike out of it for you. ;-) :lol2:

In all seriousness, if something like that stepped out in front of me two things would happen. First, I'd most likely soil my britches. Second, I'd miss. Even if it was licking the muzzle. :lol2:

Latest posts