mnmt Bull pics #2

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
This is my 2 yr old. We put him with 25 heifers and 6 cows as a yearling. We got 29 gwowthy black calves from him. He's a roughage bull been on poor quality hay all winter.

newland5280282.jpg

A couple of his calves.

What do you think, worth keeping?

newland5280022.jpg

newland5280052.jpg

Ok, like I know anything...but those calves...I do like those calves. Wow!

Alice

I'm not a good enough cattle judge to offer any comments on this bull, but I like those calves! How old are they? I also like your Charlois bull!

Alice, From what I see, your input on cattle is worth a lot.

Msscamp, Always good to here from you and others that know cattle. :D

Msscamp, I had a hard time getting a decent photo of the bull, he was on the move checking cows and trying to lose the flies.

The calf in the top photo was born March 20 at 80 pounds.

The second calf was born Mar 26 at 72 pounds.

mnmt

mnmtranching":3r6yu4q9 said:
Msscamp, I had a hard time getting a decent photo of the bull, he was on the move checking cows and trying to lose the flies.

The calf in the top photo was born March 20 at 80 pounds.

The second calf was born Mar 26 at 72 pounds.

mnmt

Been there, done that once or twice! :lol: :lol: You've got some very nice calves, and a nice place, too - I sure wouldn't mind having that lake in my pasture. ;-)

Chuckie, The dog is worthless as a cattle dog, all he wants to do is swim and check out the wildlife.

We have a pair of the rare Trumpeter Swans nesting on our lake. The swans come to shore near the cattle, they like the security the cattle provide.

mnmt

I'm not much for Charolais but he's a good lookin' bull. I really like the black bull. Looks real deep, good straight top, although not the best pic. I'd like to see him striding out. Good cattle all around.

Good bull with a couple good looking calves. Looks like they have plenty of growth to them.

I have 2 Labs, they don't think much of the cattle, but they love the bird hunts. We are about 200 mi north of Anoka. But like lots of places we are getting crouded. Our little county grows from about 10,000 to about 40,000 in the summer. :shock: It is a nice place to raise cattle, except the winters are long and we are prone to dry conditions.

mnmt

Latest posts