Mixing Grooming products

Help Support CattleToday:

tyler92591

Reaction score
I have been showing for awhile and have seen other people mixing grooming products together but i have always just used the stuff straight from sullivan's. what are some recipes you guys use when mixing products?

A shorthorn showing friend of mine uses absorbine horse sheen mixed with infusium 23 leave in conditioner. She swears by it. I've never tried it, but am planning on it this spring.

I always used mostly sullivan's stuff just because it was all that was available from where I bought stuff, and I was happy with the results. But, I use Alberto V05 conditioner-its about a dollar-on the switch during a bath-gets rid of tangles and smells good too. I also use 1 part apple cider vinegar to three parts water poured on then rinsed off to get rid of dandruff.

liniment and kleen sheen or zoom bloom works alright on show day. i spray on pink oil and freshen up on dry skinned calves.

Someone told me that Sullivan's Pink Oil has adhesive in it, it that true?

redluv":nh0uncvr said:
Someone told me that Sullivan's Pink Oil has adhesive in it, it that true?

Not alot, but it does have some hold to it. Get the Lusters pink oil in the ethnic hair care section at walmart.

Pink Oil is a very, very light almost like a sheen product or in this case oil.
It has the capability of holding on a very good coat. Most people use way to much or apply this product in an inappropriate manner. In this case the hair will be weighted down and fall. Make sure you blow it into the coat completely to get the proper look.

so to answer your question..............No, not even a little bit, its just an oil :)
with popping capability :shock:

Latest posts