Mixed vaccine

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I have a question about vaccines that require mixing. I have always used them right away after mixing. How long can a person go between mixing and using and how would you store it in between? I am talking the same day. Something like mixing at noon and using half and using the second have at 5:00. This is Enforce 3 an One Shot. I will be seeing my vet later today and I will ask him but I am curious about opinions.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I think it says 2 hours. I like to use them within one hour.

These are usually MLV vaccines. You are hydrating the freeze dried MLV component with the liquid component.

Storage: I have a freeze pack I use in a zip lock bag. Place in lunch size cooler

OP
D

Dave

Reaction score
My vet said one hour. He said an hour and a few minutes is fine but not so much on the 5 hours.

I have to work calves this week. The boys are both swamped with their own life's right now. The wife is working mid day. I was think of working what I can by myself mid day and other when the wife gets home. I guess I will have to make sure to catch the right numbers to use an entire bottle when I do things mid day. I will try to just do the heifers as I can pack about 3 at a time in the squeeze chute. I will safe the bulls for when I have help to put them in the calf table.

Lucky_P

Reaction score
Keeping it cold and protected from sunlight are the two biggies.
90 minutes is about as far out as I want to go with regard to having some reconstituted and sitting before use.
You probably could go longer, but the 4-5 hour deal... I wouldn't necessarily count on optimal performance.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Jeanne - Simme Valley":19xok4vt said:
You can buy Enforce 3 in single dose vials. I mainly use it on show calves, so I always buy in single 50-dose packages.

I received my shipment of vaccines this week from Jeffers. I ordered INFORCE 3, The single does vials in a count of 25. Cost was $50.99

Latest posts