Mix 30 - Bad Quality Control out of Fort Worth

Help Support CattleToday:

mwhitexas

Reaction score
We have been using Mix 30 for several years with good results, but this year or terminal closed and they switched us to the new Fort Worth, Texas terminal. Our daily consumption went through the roof - About 10 LBs per cow per day. We noticed it right away and by the time we actually did the figures our supply had been switched to Elgin, TX. Consumption returned to what we considered normal after the new product was out.

When we contacted Joe, our salesman at Mix 30, we were told that they knew that some material had been omitted from the batch we received from Fort Worth. One neighbor had the same problem and his was corrected also with the switch to the Elgin terminal.

Has anyone else had trouble with of the consistency of the Mix 30 product?

Do you think the company should compensate us for the bad mix 30?

The last I used was a few years ago [3or4]We put a ton in 1 of our lick feeders that the cattle had emptyed.
It set for a month they would not touch it.We pumped it out and they refunded our money.
They clamed it was not mixed up correctly.

I really liked the Mix-30 product the year I used it. My problem was the dealer. He switched my mix-30 to cattlack and had I not showed up when I did I would not have known which tank he was pumping from. That ended my liquid feed use.

Since they knew/know about it I would sure pursue getting some type of resttution since you didn;t get what you paid for!

I just got my first batch ,800 lbs, and the 25 cows ate it in 3 days I was wondering if this was normal if so don't think I can afford this.

DAYMON":eodo6wka said:
I just got my first batch ,800 lbs, and the 25 cows ate it in 3 days I was wondering if this was normal if so don't think I can afford this.
It ain't normal. That's over 10/lbs a day.

Latest posts