MitchWI - how bad did you guys get hit?

Help Support CattleToday:

TnWI

Reaction score
I know you all imagine that Wisconsin is all green grass, tall corn stalks, and lots of sunshine. :shock: ;-) Well - here she is showing her new winter coat off -

100_0799.jpg

100_0798.jpg

100_0797.jpg

I left the house this morning with about 3 to 4 inches on the ground and it was still coming hard. I drove to work over in MN and as of now, there is only slight traces of any snow! I just got a call from home, they are already meeting at the bar... ;-) and it is a mess there with about 6 inches.

The only one cheering so far is a friend of mine who owns a salvage yard :shock:

I got a call from my sis, who lives by our farm, and she said they've got 6 to 8 on the ground and expecting another 2 to 4 inches by this evening... still coming down hard!

Beautiful pics! I can't wait to take some pics, that heavy snow looks like a dream but is a nightmare!

You guys are making me jealous, hahaha.

I am just ITCHING for snow. There is a lake in the field outside my apartment... it used to be a field... it has rained here almost constantly for a month, hahaha. I would rather a nice blizzard than just above freezing and raining... but I guess that's the Winterpeg, Manisnowba coming out in me ;)

TCFC

I want you to know that I really appreciate the pictures. They remind me of why I left the north country.

I quit my last job in Wyoming right after the spring branding. While I was loading my horses in the trailer my boss came out and ask where I was going. I told him south and that I'd stop when someone ask me what the electric plug was sticking out of my grill for.Z

MIQH -

On my way to pick up my kids from school during the snowstorm - I ended up hitting an icey patch and going in circles down a road, and with every spin the speed increased. I finally hit a low ditch, car STOPPED, started to turn on its side, and the righted itself. THEN my bumper bumped a post on the car's way down. The car was still running. I felt blessed to be alive at that point - Only someone who has lived through snow storms can appreciate what I am talking about.

My children now agree with me, that moving south(west) is a great idea!

Ain't Black Ice fun. Been there done that. Although, Thank the Lord, I never had any kids to worry about at the time.Z

TnWI":124rzkpd said:
MIQH -

On my way to pick up my kids from school during the snowstorm - I ended up hitting an icey patch and going in circles down a road, and with every spin the speed increased. I finally hit a low ditch, car STOPPED, started to turn on its side, and the righted itself. THEN my bumper bumped a post on the car's way down. The car was still running. I felt blessed to be alive at that point - Only someone who has lived through snow storms can appreciate what I am talking about.

My children now agree with me, that moving south(west) is a great idea!
and some people feel the need to pay for rollercoasters - they should just drive on ice.... Now I remember why I moved south!

glad you are safe even though I'm sure you are still shaking

I know you all imagine that Wisconsin is all green grass, tall corn stalks, and lots of sunshine. :shock: ;-) Well - here she is showing her new winter coat off -

actually when i think wisconsin i think holsteins and a bunch of cheeseheads running around bumping into things. that really is what comes to mind...

mitch how will you get home if the snow is that bad, I hate being stuck in the snow drifts. and black ice is a killer, had a bad experiance on some of that stuff. Cars and walls don't mix very well. had my neck in a brace all over Christmas back in 2002.

the pictures look nice but that is all snow is good for in my book. Good Luck to you all in the snow. take care be safe...Chris

It was reported to have 16 inches right near the farm! We didn't get to the farm until Sat evening, and went to check things out, I couldn't drive down the drive, so we walked and the snow was knee deep on me (which probably isn't saying much, as I'm not the tallest :shock: )

Working at the farm on Sunday we realized that some things got buried by the snow coming off the sheds.... We did find the loader bucket, but when we left last night, we still hadn't found the 3 point hitch bale mover! Neither one of use can remember where we took it off!! Gotta love the stuff!

Chrisy - The drive from work to home was a piece of cake... it had really moved out of the area by then and the roads were clear. Sometimes it is best just to wait it out!

89 today--mabe cold front tomorrow night--down to 65>--daytime,low 40s night-- I'll stay in Texas in the winter,but Summer,if I could,I'd hunt another place.. :lol:

TnWi, those are sure some pretty pics. I just have to wonder about how long it takes your film developers up there to get film developed. Those pics are what Wisconsin looked like in June, the summer I was up there. If you can find a modern film developer that can get the pics to you in a few weeks, we would know closer to what it looks like now. Just kidding, glad you are safe from the ice trip

Last night we got another dump of snow, more of the finer stuff, seemed like we got another couple inches on top of what we've been getting last week.

But it's SUNNY today!! Haven't seen the sun in like, two weeks! :D

stocky":31vumj6t said:
Those pics are what Wisconsin looked like in June, the summer I was up there.

I keep telling you - it was the company you were keeping! ;-)

Latest posts