Mitch2...How is the boy taking the news?

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Michele, have you broken the news about Favre's retirement to your 4 year old yet? Poor little fella. :cry2: Well I guess the man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. At least he won't be harassing those poor Vikes anymore! :clap:

Just went like this...

Hey E - did you hear the news today?

E - yeah, well... what news?

Me - Brett Favre is retiring?

E - (big bugged out eyes, and jaw dropped to his chest)

E - Retiring? He is only 39, right mommy, 39? 39's not too old, right mommy?

Me - Well some people think he is too old for a football player.

E - Well I don't think he's too old. Brett Favre is the best.

Me - now who are you going to watch play football?

E - I can still watch the Packers? I will still watch the Packers.

Me - Yes you can.

E - What will Brett Favre do if he doesn't play football?

Me - I'm not sure, maybe he will spend more time with his family.

E - He can come play football with me mommy, I don't think he is too old.

Kids ... you gotta love 'em.

Michele

Round 2...

E - Why is Brett Favre retiring?

Me - I guess he just felt like it was time.

E - He's not too old, right mommy?

E - N.Z. (high school boy) he's not retiring, cuz he's not too old, is he? He is still playing football and basketball, right? We are going to watch N.Z. play, not this day, but the next day, right?

Me - Yes, we'll watch N.Z. play on Friday.

E - Brett Favre is a dad, right? He is the dad of somebody, right?

Me - Yes he is.

E - exits the room.

Michele

john250":2wuyw045 said:
I'm guessing the whole state is in shock. Churches are open for prayer. Cows not getting milked.

:lol: :lol: And 20 years from now everyone up there will remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news.

Heard it this morning and actually felt a twinge of sadness. End of an era. As a Bears fan I can't really relate. I've never known what it was like to miss a quarterback when he leaves. ;-) Still miss Walter, though.

GMN":3joroc2s said:
I wonder who his replacement will be?

GMN

Aaron Rogers has been Favre's backup the past 3 years. Naturally, he hasn't played much, but he knows the system so I would expect he'll get first crack at it.

Anybody who didn't like Brett Favre was either a Lions, Bears, or Vikings fan. And even some of them liked him. He will always be one of my favorite football players.

bandit80":2cv6764j said:
Anybody who didn't like Brett Favre was either a Lions, Bears, or Vikings fan. And even some of them liked him. He will always be one of my favorite football players.

To take that a step further, anyone who can't appreciate a player like Favre doesn't appreciate the game. There is a big difference between a love for "your team" and a love for the game.

VanC":6yvbkcky said:
bandit80":6yvbkcky said:

To take that a step further, anyone who can't appreciate a player like Favre doesn't appreciate the game. There is a big difference between a love for "your team" and a love for the game.

Yep, as a lifelong Vikes fan, you either loved to hate him or hated to love him. ;-) He most definately brought something to the table every Sunday. :nod:

MistyMorning":31b1ukcx said:
He most definately brought something to the table every Sunday. :nod:

Yup, and that would be EVERY Sunday since Sept. 27, 1992. Through illnesses and painfull injuries that would have put lesser men in the trainer's room, if not the hospital, Favre was out there. Truly one of the most amazing records in sports.

Yep next time we see Brett throw a football will be in a pros VS joes rerun...

You game van?

I've always had a hankerin to knock Brett out of a game...
It could be go time.

redfornow":15wx5w0u said:

You game van?

It could be go time.

Now that would be fun. I wouldn't mind taking a few passes from him, as long as I didn't have to run too far and he tossed it underhand. And no defenders! Heck, the smallest DB in the league could break every bone in my body just by looking at me cross-eyed. :shock:

VanC":2t0qabhb said:
redfornow":2t0qabhb said:

You game van?

It could be go time.

Now that would be fun. I wouldn't mind taking a few passes from him, as long as I didn't have to run too far and he tossed it underhand. And no defenders! Heck, the smallest DB in the league could break every bone in my body just by looking at me cross-eyed. :shock:

Nope you dont get out of it that easy.
Set them barrels up run around em and take the big guy out....
Up good times, lets all meet at the QB.

Latest posts