MISSOURI PEOPLE! Please check in,

Help Support CattleToday:

Our weather radio went off at 11:30 said tornado heading our way, by the time we got the kids up and were throwing on clothes to head to the barn(our makeshift tornado safe place?) the power went off, and we just ran, got there, and put the kids in the corner, and the hail started, and then we heard this roar, I just hate tornadoes, it was so scary, I just felt sick! It passed, but later we realized that we were smack in the middle of one tornado in Buffalo, high winds in Bennet springs, maybe a tornado and a tornado in lebanon-so yeah it was scary. The kids' schools, the middle school is being used as a command center, because the storm hit behind the area of the middle school, levelled a mobile home park-killed one person, and the high school is being used for shelter by the red cross-very scary night-We said we are gonna get a storm shelter no matter what now-no matter how much it costs or how long it takes to pay for it, because in reality, if we got hit by a tornado head on the barn would not be a good place to be.

Hope everyone else in lebanon and down in Stone county is OK as welll

A "improvement" to an intersection is taking our house so we are building a new one. It has a safe room built under the front porch. We went with 10" thick reinforced roof and a heavy steel door.

I would have felt safer had we been able to use it last night. Maybe within the next month we will be moved.

We are fine in east central MO. Slept through most of it, until my wife tried to wake me. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Heard at work that the news had said 5 miles south of town could get a tornado from the bows and everything, and that would have been within a mile of the house, but it did not phase me one bit. Looked out this morning and again at lunch, and we do not even have a limb down.

We just had about a half-hour of heavy rain and wind here. Madison County around the Marquand area had a little building damage but had to call off school because of trees across several roads. Haven't heard of anything else local.

Our friends house and his brothers were damaged, their baler ended up in the pond, and all his outbuildings are gone. They have lived there his whole life, and now realize after saying it would never happen there it does-
Schools are still closed no power in part of the town yet.

High winds around here in north Missouri, a few buckets moved and alot of howling winds. No damage - YEAH!!!
Brother-in-law in Branson is still out of power. Roof of a business flew over the roof of his home and into yard of a neighbor. He just had a few missing shingles and a broken window. He said 76 was a MESS!!
Valerie

It was just south of me today. You'll see Henryville, IN and Chelsea IN on national news. They are wide places in the road, the helicopter photos are making them look bigger than they are. I still have to find out who is dead.

john250":2x7i7xo1 said:
It was just south of me today. You'll see Henryville, IN and Chelsea IN on national news. They are wide places in the road, the helicopter photos are making them look bigger than they are. I still have to find out who is dead.
The ones in Branson zig zagged across the road... did the ones there do the same? Hope your family and friends are OK!
Valerie

Sounded like Indiana got pounded today! Have a cousin there, but he has checked in, and is okay. Sometimes I bytch and squawk about our winter weather and spring floods, but it's VERY seldom we get a tornado ever pass through the Pac. N.W., and when one does, it doesn't usually cause much more damage than our fairly frequent 50 mph winds.

Prayers are with all of you that have been hit or are in tornado alley in the Midwest and South!

Things sound pretty hair raising to me. hope all are OK, so glad such weather very seldom hits us, lived through a tsunami and a monsoon and that was bad enough, and a bad storm here back in 1986, take care every one, and I hope the weather settles real quick.

Latest posts