missing calves

Help Support CattleToday:

odz

Reaction score
Do cows leave their calves behind with other cows from the same group. i notice that sometimes when i check my cattle i notice that theres always some calves not with the main group.

Yes, not unusual for one be the nanny cow while they others go off to graze. And sometimes the bull will be the nanny

odz":11pmq8i2 said:
Do cows leave their calves behind with other cows from the same group. i notice that sometimes when i check my cattle i notice that theres always some calves not with the main group.

If that cow aint bellering the only one missing the calf is you. She knows where that calf is.

if she has it hid its best to leave it alone if you spook it . It may start to run and not stop until it hits the next county.

odz":3gavq23g said:
A friend of mine thinks he " lost" one..........I didn't bother to tell him that might not be the case.

dun":uaje7sza said:
Yes, not unusual for one be the nanny cow while they others go off to graze. And sometimes the bull will be the nanny

yeah ive seen the bull taking his turn(nanny) wether he minds at all i don't know. thanks for the input..

Latest posts