Missing calf??

Help Support CattleToday:

How long would you guys wait to turn the pair back out with the herd? Calf seems to be ok. Good appetite. One eye still cloudy though. Was scouring but improved. Busy week next week and time is short as I had to put them in a lot with some 4 weight heifers and have to separate them at feeding time otherwise the big heifer will hog the feed.

How long would you guys wait to turn the pair back out with the herd? Calf seems to be ok. Good appetite. One eye still cloudy though. Was scouring but improved. Busy week next week and time is short as I had to put them in a lot with some 4 weight heifers and have to separate them at feeding time otherwise the big heifer will hog the feed.
I'd turn them out tomorrow.

I'd try a shot of Draxxin, for the condition of the calf's eye, and it will help any lingering infection in the system and if the calf is still nursing good, then they can go out. You have to admit that it is a pretty quiet, good dispositioned heifer, to take the calf back like that with all the fussing you have done for the calf's sake. I think she well deserves another chance. If she does not take very good care of it once they are back out then maybe reassess ......

Sorry. But I'd want that calf 100%

NO scours and pretty positive the eyes are doing well b4 I'd turn em out. And what about the injury/ maggot infestation?

Depends on how easy they would be to catch, but most cases I dont wanna have to catch and sort again. Takes way too much time and energy with my setup