Miracle July 4th calf

Help Support CattleToday:

kjonesel":a0qhsh4r said:
We had a porch calf two years ago. He was born backwards and upside down and had developed in the womb where his front legs were twisted and the back legs were straight out the rear. The kids worked with him and finally got him to walk. He is still a bull and we have him in a lot just in case we need a cleanup bull (We 100% AI). For the first year he ran the yard just like our dogs. He even went to meet the mail lady and the UPS man wagging his tail like the dogs.
The only disappointing thing was the kids did a FFA demonstration on what could be achieved in bovines with therapy and did very well at the local and regional levels but when they gave it at the state level at Purdue the professors dismissed it as "A useless practice that was impractical". Since then I have often wondered about the practicality of what all they do.
I have had cattle most of my life and I believe that God expects us to take care of them all.

I like to start the day with a laugh. Not a tear. :D

inyati13":ekji8ren said:
kjonesel":ekji8ren said:
We had a porch calf two years ago. He was born backwards and upside down and had developed in the womb where his front legs were twisted and the back legs were straight out the rear. The kids worked with him and finally got him to walk. He is still a bull and we have him in a lot just in case we need a cleanup bull (We 100% AI). For the first year he ran the yard just like our dogs. He even went to meet the mail lady and the UPS man wagging his tail like the dogs.
The only disappointing thing was the kids did a FFA demonstration on what could be achieved in bovines with therapy and did very well at the local and regional levels but when they gave it at the state level at Purdue the professors dismissed it as "A useless practice that was impractical". Since then I have often wondered about the practicality of what all they do.
I have had cattle most of my life and I believe that God expects us to take care of them all.

You have the right attitude. Life is precious. :tiphat:

glacierridge":11frcgrk said:
Cute!! Does she like to sit on that step often?

A lot! For a while, she was sleeping between my rose bushes, but thankfully she is a little too bug now. :)

inyati13":88irek8q said:
That is a sweet picture. You have done well pilgrim. You should write a poem, "Calf on my Doorstep". :D :tiphat:

I don't take any credit. Almost always I'm the one feeding them, but this one is my husband's baby. 3 times a day. Kinda proud of him.

CKC1586":2qvkkqnc said:
inyati13":2qvkkqnc said:
kjonesel":2qvkkqnc said:

You have the right attitude. Life is precious. :tiphat:

Indeed it is.
Too many think it's a throw away thing, even with lower life forms like animals.
I know they are food, but we should still be good stewards to whatever comes our way.

ricebeltrancher":1kwixg7h said:
inyati13":1kwixg7h said:
That is a sweet picture. You have done well pilgrim. You should write a poem, "Calf on my Doorstep". :D :tiphat:

I don't take any credit. Almost always I'm the one feeding them, but this one is my husband's baby. 3 times a day. Kinda proud of him.

That's the best :)
You should capture the moment on camera.