Miracle Grow

Help Support CattleToday:

Google " buddy's plant plus". They make miracle grow in Ballinger,tx. They can custom mix anything you want is what I take from their web site

garseer":1t7r6vtk said:
You can buy it by the box and mix it in a sprayer, but is it economical?
:lol2: No!! A typical soil test will say that you need 60 lbs N, 30 lbs P, and 60 lbs K per acre for optimum grass production. Imagine how many boxes of Miracle Grow it would take to get that amount of N, P, and K.

My grandfather used to fertigate cucumbers with a water soluble fertilizer, similar to a miracle grow. I buy it now to run through a drip system in my garden. Last I bought was about 20 bucks for a 25 lb bag. I could see it working if you were irrigating and had a metering system. Don't know how the cost would work out.

I was just curious if anyone has ever tried it. A friend of mine told me he did. If it works on vegetables it should work on grass.

If you use it as a foliar feed you should get about 2 weeks of "green" then it will decline. There are some other foliar type feeds that you could use that will run you about $5 acre plus the cost of application. Ask at a co op for something that the vegetable guys use just before harvest. For grazing, I think you are wasting your money but if you wanted to put up some really fine hay I think it might be worth it. Least I thought it was when I did it.

Latest posts