Minute Steak

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo":3a70hm2i said:
Dredge it in a flour and spice mix, then sear it on both sides in a frying pan with a little bacon grease so it doesn't stick.

After its brown, put it in a baking dish and cover with a mixture of one can cream of mushroom soup and one can of milk. Cover dish, and bake for at least an hour at 350 degrees, 2 hours is better, 3 is perfect.

I know, I know it takes a while, but it does get awfully tender this way, plus you've got a nice gravy to go on top of your fresh mashed taters and sweet corn! :D :D

This is what I call poor man's steak. Family will founder themselves on it. But, makes one heck of a mess of my kitchen.

la4angus":2duex5pk said:
Jake":2duex5pk said:
Arnold Ziffle":2duex5pk said:
Well, I see that only one Texan has chimed in on this very important subject, and very briefly at that. To me, it seems almost sacrilegious to speak of eating something cut from the round without paying proper tribute to chicken fried steak with cream gravy. Preferably a really big one that covers the entire plate and with minimal breading. :heart: :heart:
Add a salad and a baked tater, a pitcher of tea, and end it all with peach cobbler and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Mighty tasty !!

now that's my kind of meal!!!! jsut hard to get ma to fix it
Hey Jake
You're old enough to learl to cook. Give your mom a break sometimes. Your mom'll enjoy the break and your dad'll enjoy the steak.

I do the grillin and the fryer work. Mom takes care of the kitchen and dad enjoys it.

la4angus":3r7cq2jc said:
Jake":3r7cq2jc said:
I do the grillin and the fryer work. Mom takes care of the kitchen and dad enjoys it.
Seems like he got you both trained hu. :)

he's on Iowegan time now, he don't do jack of nothing, if I wanna eat I gotta do it....

Latest posts