Minimum wage 33% increase

Help Support CattleToday:

See, I agree with wage increases to offset the cost of living increases, but these dramatic jumps are absurd.

Something similar happened at my off-farm job (gov run). They hadn't increased their service price for 10+ years and started seeing some loss, so instead of slowly increasing the price, they jacked it up and then spent $$ looking for ways to "increase efficiencies" (cut costs) throughout the office. It's a disaster.

Looking at the other side the employees will be happy with the extra compensation. Time to pay more taxes or lay off people.

Son of Butch, I would be very curious to know how many Hennepin county employees aren't already making $20 and hour?
480 was the immediate number reported and of course new hires and seasonal workers going forward. A $10,400 yr raise from $15 hour or a 4.9 million dollar increase in yearly budget expenses for those 480 current employees.

p.s.
where are you located upland?

Last edited:
Bout to be more country congestion I'm afraid... Anymore cities are nice to visit for a weekend and then I'm driving 90 to get back to the ranch. $15/NYC still poverty... $15/hr in mississippi means a whole lot more. As usual Big Gov't trying to "fix" everyone's problem from 10,000 miles away. I agree we need to raise unemployment, but not this way. Good topic.

Government solution to "fixing problems " throw money at it. Grants, upping minimum wage, stimulus, child credit, single mothers, poor students need help with college get free or financial aid... school shooting mass shooting just throw money at it ect. Not being mean or rude but throwing money at the problems is always the answer.
Yes, it's sounds good to make $15 an hour minimum wage. The bigger picture everything else will go up. Groceries, fuel, cost of living, all will go up. It's really nothing except a numbers game.

In my life, when I wasn't happy with my income, I either found extra work on the side or a different job. Some jobs don't pay much, sorry that's a fact. I'm for a reasonable minimum, $20 isn't.
I also valued what I was worth. In the hay field some were paying $4 and some $5. Never ran out of hay to pick up at the higher wage, and they got their money's worth when I showed up.

Government solution to "fixing problems " throw money at it. Grants, upping minimum wage, stimulus, child credit, single mothers, poor students need help with college get free or financial aid... school shooting mass shooting just throw money at it ect. Not being mean or rude but throwing money at the problems is always the answer.
Yes, it's sounds good to make $15 an hour minimum wage. The bigger picture everything else will go up. Groceries, fuel, cost of living, all will go up. It's really nothing except a numbers game.
The bigger picture is people who have worked for years and are skilled and efficient, or have reached management will have their pay reduced so new inexperienced workers can be overpaid.
Not all people are equal. Despite what the administration says.

The bigger picture is people who have worked for years and are skilled and efficient, or have reached management will have their pay reduced so new inexperienced workers can be overpaid.
Not all people are equal. Despite what the administration says.
A wise man told me one time fair doesn't necessarily mean equal.

I guess those $20/hr min wagers never had to pick up sq bales for a nickel apiece in a Texas July.. it included stacking in a hot dusty barn too..

Many state and county workers are paid according to or close to the federal pay rate for Federal General (Civil) Service employees.
A new hire (GS1-step1) in Hennipen Cty has an annual salary of $24,605 (not including a 24.7% pay adjustment for cost of living).

40 hrs/week x 52 weeks=2080 hrs annually.
$24,605÷2,080=$11.86/hr

minngs1.jpg

Latest posts