Minimum SC measurement to pass BSE

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Can any of you Texas fellas help me. I need to know what the state standard is for a 24 month old bull to pass his BSE in Texas?

3waycross":28zzsipf said:
Can any of you Texas fellas help me. I need to know what the state standard is for a 24 month old bull to pass his BSE in Texas?

Should all be the same in every state at 30 cm

Jake":22ednw1n said:
3waycross":22ednw1n said:

That's not the minimum in any state that i know of for a 24 month old bull. I have looked at several where the minimum for 24 mo. is 34cm

Heck here in Colorado your yearling bull would not pass with a 30. I know!

3waycross":28gknrff said:
Jake":28gknrff said:
3waycross":28gknrff said:

That's not the minimum in any state that i know of for a 24 month old bull. I have looked at several where the minimum for 24 mo. is 34cm

Heck here in Colorado your yearling bull would not pass with a 30. I know!

I guess I can't read because I missed the 24 month line. But I do know for a fact that 30 cm is what is considered minimum for semen production at any bull stud. Localized people may have different opinions on "passing."

3waycross":37dmtrfl said:
3way not sure if there is a state standard but accepted standard for 21-24 mo. bull is 33 cm.

TexasBred":26gcpsq8 said:
3waycross":26gcpsq8 said:
3way not sure if there is a state standard but accepted standard for 21-24 mo. bull is 33 cm.

Thanks! I was checking for a friend of mine who bought a bull in a hipowered angus sale there in TX.

FWIW Those numbers would be at the absolute rock bottom for me and i would never keep a heifer out of a bull that couldn't make 36cm by 24 months.

Latest posts