mini texas longhorn cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you mean by a "mini Texas Longhorn"? Are you referring to an outcross offspring between a "miniature" bovine and a Texas Longhorn? As a Longhorn breeder, I have never seen an adv. or mention in the association journals for a "mini longhorn". In essence, there are "officially" Seven Families of longhorns from which all of the current crosses have evolved from...all of these families are "full size" longhorns.

> Where do I get some mini longhorn
> embryos that are suitable to go
> overseas? And how much are they? I was considering getting into miniature Longhorns a year or so ago, did some research and decided the wallet couldn't afford it. Two sources come to mind. 1) Visit <A HREF="http://www.miniaturelonghorns.com" TARGET="_blank">www.miniaturelonghorns.com</A> I do not know if he does embryo transfer, but he may be able to give you a source.

2) The Mininature Cattle Registery at www. minicattle may be able to help

[email protected]

> 2) The Mininature Cattle Registery
> at www. minicattle may be able to
> help

The link in #2 should of read <A HREF="http://www.minicattle.com" TARGET="_blank">www.minicattle.com</A>

[email protected]

> What do you mean by a "mini
> Texas Longhorn"? Are you
> referring to an outcross offspring
> between a "miniature"
> bovine and a Texas Longhorn? As a
> Longhorn breeder, I have never
> seen an adv. or mention in the
> association journals for a
> "mini longhorn". In
> essence, there are
> "officially" Seven
> Families of longhorns from which
> all of the current crosses have
> evolved from...all of these
> families are "full size"
> longhorns. Sorry Running Arrow, I dont know how they came about , all I know is that they look like Texas Longhorn cattle but they are a whole lot smaller. Please see others responses for info and places to get them

[email protected]

Dang! Ya live and learn! "Cute" critters, those miniatures! Just visited that website...not much on it except some photos and very high prices and breeders info.

> Dang! Ya live and learn!
> "Cute" critters, those
> miniatures! Just visited that
> website...not much on it except
> some photos and very high prices
> and breeders info. I just thought about gettin some miniatures for my grandpa and saw the price and back-peddled fast as I could.

[email protected]

Yep! I was shocked too at the prices! Hope that is not one of those "Ostrich" fads---several years Ostrich eggs were selling for $5,000 each in Texas and breeding pairs for up to $50,000. Year or so later after the craze passed over, some breeders were turning their Ostrich's and Emu's loose on county roads because their value was so low it didn't pay to feed them! The original breeders went to the bank...the ones that followed went to bankruptcy court....

Joke? Everyone has their own thing...lol Think those "mini-longhorn" people are a little too proud of their miniatures...on the other hand. Talk about a "nitch market" !

Latest posts