Mini Portable Corral

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with P&C Cattle Pens out of Stillwell, OK? Currently have an OK Corral from Titan West (the original model with palp cage & chute), but looking for something smaller for when I need to catch &/or doctor just one, or even a few. Bonus points if I can set it up/take it down & move it by myself.

The mini portable pen is about the size I'm wanting and looks intriguing (link below). Thoughts? Suggestions?

Anyone familiar with P&C Cattle Pens out of Stillwell, OK? Currently have an OK Corral from Titan West (the original model with palp cage & chute), but looking for something smaller for when I need to catch &/or doctor just one, or even a few. Bonus points if I can set it up/take it down & move it by myself.

The mini portable pen is about the size I'm wanting and looks intriguing (link below). Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hey TC,
I'd love to have an OK Corral some day.
I studied the pics and description of the mini pen. I like the over all set up. I wish I could have found a shipping weight.
Here's my general take away; Anything that is easy to move, isn't overly well built. If it's made to last, it's not easy to move. I have a "portable" calving pen. It takes two guys and a loader tractor, but it's portable. It's built heavy enough I swear I could semen check bulls in it.
From what I can remember from other posts you have made. You have extremely quiet cattle, but your mommas are BIG. In a light material corral, LARGE trumps quiet. Big cows break things without meaning to.
With that said; with your quiet cows have you thought about just getting some horse corral panels that pin together. There pretty life and can be put in different configurations to fit your needs in different pastures.

You scared me there for a minute, from the title I thought maybe you were getting into Mini's....... :oops:

@SBMF 2015 I have thought about just using panels. Or even strategically setting up another livestock shelter (or 2). With the OK Corral, I can set it up without the chute in 20 minutes but it took me 45 minutes to completely disassemble it a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty scrappy but I'm not very big and it's not as easy as it used to be.;)

Stillwell isn't far, so we could easily pick up a mini pen - or shipping wouldn't (shouldn't?) be outrageous. I should probably just go down & check them out first.

This livestock shelter is in the pasture where I keep the weanlings/retained heifers and I've used it to catch/doctor/load, simply by using the gates to pen them. If I need to doctor, I'll push & secure the gates in a "v" and use a halter. That works just fine for the little ones, but not sure about one of my fatties.
thumbnail_27737.jpg

@SBMF 2015 I have thought about just using panels. Or even strategically setting up another livestock shelter (or 2). With the OK Corral, I can set it up without the chute in 20 minutes but it took me 45 minutes to completely disassemble it a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty scrappy but I'm not very big and it's not as easy as it used to be.;)

Stillwell isn't far, so we could easily pick up a mini pen - or shipping wouldn't (shouldn't?) be outrageous. I should probably just go down & check them out first.

This livestock shelter is in the pasture where I keep the weanlings/retained heifers and I've used it to catch/doctor/load, simply by using the gates to pen them. If I need to doctor, I'll push & secure the gates in a "v" and use a halter. That works just fine for the little ones, but not sure about one of my fatties.
View attachment 3812
I have thought about taking two of those sheds, and placing them face to face about 12' apart. Then add a roof over the alley between the two.
I may have misunderstood; so the mini pen wouldn't be moved from place to place? If it's a permanent addition to a pasture then it looks more appealing.

We used to have a large % of our cows that could destroy an anvil if they wanted to. We tried everything, we even had a cow trash a Powder River corral panel. Then we got the bright idea to build our own corral. The 10' panels weigh 310lbs! Two people and a tractor a day to set up, work cows the next day, another day to tear down. After 2wks of that you were just beat to death. I think we did that for 2 or 3years. Then mrkt cows got right around $1/lb and I decided it was time to cull hard on disposition.
Ten years later and my goal is to have a permanent corral in every pasture. I'm half way there.

Hey TC,
I'd love to have an OK Corral some day.
I studied the pics and description of the mini pen. I like the over all set up. I wish I could have found a shipping weight.
Here's my general take away; Anything that is easy to move, isn't overly well built. If it's made to last, it's not easy to move. I have a "portable" calving pen. It takes two guys and a loader tractor, but it's portable. It's built heavy enough I swear I could semen check bulls in it.
From what I can remember from other posts you have made. You have extremely quiet cattle, but your mommas are BIG. In a light material corral, LARGE trumps quiet. Big cows break things without meaning to.
With that said; with your quiet cows have you thought about just getting some horse corral panels that pin together. There pretty life and can be put in different configurations to fit your needs in different pastures.
Believe it says 14ga might not want to get overly wild in there but that should be heavy duty enough for TC purposes I'm sure

I have thought about taking two of those sheds, and placing them face to face about 12' apart. Then add a roof over the alley between the two.
I may have misunderstood; so the mini pen wouldn't be moved from place to place? If it's a permanent addition to a pasture then it looks more appealing.

We used to have a large % of our cows that could destroy an anvil if they wanted to. We tried everything, we even had a cow trash a Powder River corral panel. Then we got the bright idea to build our own corral. The 10' panels weigh 310lbs! Two people and a tractor a day to set up, work cows the next day, another day to tear down. After 2wks of that you were just beat to death. I think we did that for 2 or 3years. Then mrkt cows got right around $1/lb and I decided it was time to cull hard on disposition.
Ten years later and my goal is to have a permanent corral in every pasture. I'm half way there.
Well, the initial idea was for it to be portable & small enough to move to the more remote/rocky/uneven areas, as well as light enough for me to manage by myself. But then I got to thinking about the lean-to, which has been one of the best investments (and for all intents & purposes, permanent). Of course, that segued into why not get both?

Yeah, I witnessed destruction last year when the bulls were fighting inside the OK Corral and bent the panels. I was amazed my husband was able to bend them back, pushing with the tractor. There are some of the light weight panels and rebar at the barn corral that are permanently bent, also thanks to fighting bulls. And yet, the ancient, rusted, bent panels I use in the "trap" at the barn are sufficient to contain my cows.

I've seen some decent pens set up out of portable panels and wood post.

I think you should build your own with your very capable small hands lol

Latest posts