Mini Brahma bulls... do you have some info?

Help Support CattleToday:

ranchwabble

Reaction score
My son recently got into bull riding. (I know...) Anyway, I was checking out these Mini-Brahma's and I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. I was thinking about maybe raising a few and trying to contract them out. How many do you think I would need? Is there a market? I am thinking they probably eat a lttle less than the full size version. I have 160 acres with a few horses and cattle now in Colorado and it does pretty good as long as we get rain. Actually, any thoughts will help.

Bret

ranchwabble":2r10mf94 said:
My son recently got into bull riding. (I know...) Anyway, I was checking out these Mini-Brahma's and I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. I was thinking about maybe raising a few and trying to contract them out. How many do you think I would need? Is there a market? I am thinking they probably eat a lttle less than the full size version. I have 160 acres with a few horses and cattle now in Colorado and it does pretty good as long as we get rain. Actually, any thoughts will help.

Bret
sounds like something that would be expensive too get in, with little return

Try a search for Improved Boran, they are a smaller Bos Indicus type than the Brahman, and were introduced to the USA about 15years ago and intensively researched at several universities.

:clap: Thanks everyone for your comments - I'll have to check out http://www.mbbba.com/index.htmland see what they say... on the site it says

Miniature Class: (True Miniature) Both parents are true miniature of recognized breeds.(Zebu, Durente, Hatch, Mini Herford, Lowline Angus, Dexter, Lessor Jersy, etc. On registration paper it will be marked TM standing for True Miniature

Probably wouldn't have much return and would turn out to just be a hobby. Any stock contractors on here? What do you think? :???:

Latest posts