Minerals?

Help Support CattleToday:

beefem

Reaction score
I normally buy 2 and 3 weights around Sept. and Oct. and sell them the following year, before Labor Day. I have had a few problems with Ringworm and this year, Warts. One question a vet asked was if I was feeding a mineral. I keep a 50 lb. block of trace mineral salt for my calves, but he said that I needed to feed a loose mineral. I have talked to several people and they recomended a mineral with CTC in it. Does anyone have any recomendations?

beefem":3c1rccxj said:
I normally buy 2 and 3 weights around Sept. and Oct. and sell them the following year, before Labor Day. I have had a few problems with Ringworm and this year, Warts. One question a vet asked was if I was feeding a mineral. I keep a 50 lb. block of trace mineral salt for my calves, but he said that I needed to feed a loose mineral. I have talked to several people and they recomended a mineral with CTC in it. Does anyone have any recomendations?

In talking to nutritionists, they have all agreed that it "IS NOT POSSIBLE" for an animal to receive enough minerals from a block.
Loose minerals will definitely boost the immune system. You might try one without the CTC to start with. You may not need it. Warts are a virus, I don't see how CTC would help that.

Just remember, a good mineral does not start to work overnight. The ill effects of poor minerals sometimes do not rear their ugly head for years.

We get a mineral mix from the co-op that was developed for this area given the mineral content of the local grasses.
Check with you extension agent as to what is reccommended for your area. dave Mc

Latest posts