Minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

tat2freke

Reaction score
Anyone mix there own minerals?is the savings worth the trouble?what and where do you buy ingredients?dang i ask alot of questions in this post

Bet if you did it, the cost would probably change your mind..if you bought every one you need, for your area. your county co.op will have all you need in one bag..and right now you need to be getting plenty of magnesium in them..

tat2freke":19obokgu said:
Anyone mix there own minerals?is the savings worth the trouble?what and where do you buy ingredients?dang i ask alot of questions in this post
Really not feasible for folks like you and I. Some ingredients will go into a one ton batch at 400-500 lbs. per ton while another ingredient mixed into the same batch might be as little as 20 grams. You can tie up a lot of money in inventory as well. Most of the minerals and vitamins that go into a mineral come in 50 lb. bags and may cost $20 a pound. and your formulation calls for 20 grams. :shock:

sim.-ang.king":1jtq912s said:
The cost of macro ingredients isn't bad, it's the micro's and blending micro with macro that get ya.
Except phosphorus which can be more than half the cost of the entire mineral.