Mineral

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Anybody know a good natural mineral (I mean just minerals no other ingredients)to use? The person we had making up our feed formulas took out the minerals for some dumb reason, and now for the first time we are have problems with retained placenta.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":20th7lm3 said:
: Anybody know a good natural mineral (I mean just minerals no other ingredients)to use? The person we had making up our feed formulas took out the minerals for some dumb reason, and now for the first time we are have problems with retained placenta.<p>Your local feed store should be able to tell you what minerals you will need. When I grind feed I usually go to the co-op and ask for a bag of mineral, supplement,salt, and mollasses. They have always been very helpful.
<br>

[email protected]

Moorman makes an awful good mineral supplement product<br>: Anybody know a good natural mineral (I mean just minerals no other ingredients)to use? The person we had making up our feed formulas took out the minerals for some dumb reason, and now for the first time we are have problems with retained placenta.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3rmgw89q said:
: Anybody know a good natural mineral (I mean just minerals no other ingredients)to use? The person we had making up our feed formulas took out the minerals for some dumb reason, and now for the first time we are have problems with retained placenta.<p>We use pro-phos 12 by farmland and the cows seem to do real well on it.<p>
<br>

<br>: Anybody know a good natural mineral (I mean just minerals no other ingredients)to use? The person we had making up our feed formulas took out the minerals for some dumb reason, and now for the first time we are have problems with retained placenta.<p>In Texas I feed a Ragland Elite 12 (12 % phosphorus) to cattle on dry grass pature. In the spring when grazing out wheat Ragland Sweet Mag 13.6% magnesium is feed as an aid in grass tetany prevention.<br>Some say minerals are too costly, but one dead cow or non performing animal is costly also. They pay.
<br>

[email protected]

Vigortone is also a complete and cost effective mineral product, <br>fed free choice the cattle consume 1-2 oz. per day and health<br>and breeding performance can be significantly increased. I know that <br>our herd performance and overall herd health has improved greatly, <br>compare cost when shoping for a mineral, some are real expensive <br>and others work just as well.
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1i9jwflr said:
: <br>: : Anybody know a good natural mineral (I mean just minerals no other ingredients)to use? The person we had making up our feed formulas took out the minerals for some dumb reason, and now for the first time we are have problems with retained placenta.<p>: In Texas I feed a Ragland Elite 12 (12 % phosphorus) to cattle on dry grass pature. In the spring when grazing out wheat Ragland Sweet Mag 13.6% magnesium is feed as an aid in grass tetany prevention.<br>: Some say minerals are too costly, but one dead cow or non performing animal is costly also. They pay.<p><br>
<br>

[email protected]

The previous message wasn't mine. My question is did anyone suffer an anaplasmosis outbreak this past fall? I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who was also feeding a medicated Vigortone mineral, as I was.
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3h5zp5jk said:
: Vigortone is also a complete and cost effective mineral product, <br>: fed free choice the cattle consume 1-2 oz. per day and health<br>: and breeding performance can be significantly increased. I know that <br>: our herd performance and overall herd health has improved greatly, <br>: compare cost when shoping for a mineral, some are real expensive <br>: and others work just as well.<p><br>
<br>

[email protected]

I am in the process of changing my mineral. In about 30 days I will put my cows with calves out on wheat. I have purchased vigortone 3490 I really don't know if this is the right mineral or not. I will be taking a soil sample but in the meantime I'm going to try 3490. Can anyone help tell me what they suggest.: Vigortone is also a complete and cost effective mineral product, <br>: : fed free choice the cattle consume 1-2 oz. per day and health<br>: : and breeding performance can be significantly increased. I know that <br>: : our herd performance and overall herd health has improved greatly, <br>: : compare cost when shoping for a mineral, some are real expensive <br>: : and others work just as well.<p><p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts