Mineral Tubs

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Has anyone elses mineral tubs changed from the plastic tub to the material you get plants in thats biodegrable? I hate those new tubs soon as it gets wet mineral falls over on the ground and cattle trample it in the dirt. Anyone else have the same issues ?

I set them inside a small tractor tire or truck tire to keep this from happening. The Plastic tubs set inside a 22" truck tire perfect. When they are about empty they stay in place.

the plastic ones I never had this issue its these paper ones thats the problem. I talked to guy at southern states he told me they can only get it that way now so I may have to look else where. I went and took pictures of what im talking about and will upload in a few.

ResizedImage_1358865276079.jpg

ResizedImage_1358865316025.jpg

Limomike if they ask you do you want one say H... NO... until i find someone who has them in the plastic im stuck with this bs.

I would assume you tried this but will the paper covered tub fit into the old plastic tubs you probably have laying around? What about peeling the paper off?

I have seen tub refills sell around here without any outer covering just plastic wrap that peels off. Once you peel it off you just drop it into an empty plastic tub so you can reuse it.

I have put all kinds of crap in those tubs as you see in the pic i got crap in them lol I took a old plastic trough and put it in there to fix the problem. I put 2 in there at a time. I honestly am more upset about not getting the plastic tubs for me to store more junk in and use as trashcans around the place. lol

I seen some at the feed store the other day poured in cardboard boxes. Seems to me you would have to have a feeder to put them in. I didn't look to see what brand they were.

Agh it will not be too much longer till there are solutions on the market! Suck if up like the Pioneeer you are for the Company! ;). Their website said they had them either way (plastic or Green) last month. I think your supplier lied to you, That's one of the cost of going "green"

lol my southern states i normally deal with only has the paper ones now. I will be looking elsewhere because I hate those paper ones.