mineral question

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
have any of you tried the cargill right now minerals. I haven't had much luck with my cows and purinas minerals.

i began using the cargill right now mineral and they ate it up. I don't know why my cattle didn't like the purina mineral but they love the bronze right now mineral

We use Opticor by Moorman's (ADM) and no compaints from the cows. They use but don't abuse it! Ain't it funny how a more expensive mineral can actually save you money?

fellersbarnoneranch":2sfon05k said:
Use Opticor by Moorman's (ADM) and no compaints from the cows. They use but don't abuse it! Ain't it funny how a more expensive mineral can actually save you money?

Couple of years ago we were using Moorman's when there was a "dealer" in our area. He died. Then, was almost impossible to find anyone in Texas Panhandle who handled the cattle or horse Moorman's. Closest supplier was about 2.5 hrs from here. ADM or Moorman's was of no real help or assistance (or sympathy to) our problem. They "would" deliver to us if we bought a truckload...duh! You had to go through a "Rep" to get it and generally a 3-6 week wait for a supply (but no delivery). I made several phone calls to ADM and Moorman's...expressed my dissapointment in their service/delivery system...they didn't have much sympathy for my problem at the time.

Thus, we switched to BioRemendies out of Garden City, KS. They deliver whatever we need and bill us on 30 day account. Minerals are better (In my Opinion). We also switched to their bagged horse feed...longer shelf life too.

All in all, I'm not knocking the Moorman's product...just their availability and delivery system and all. However, the BioRemedies products have worked better for OUR Longhorns in the longrun.

Latest posts