Million Dollar Question - Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":15l15khu said:
I don't have a crystal ball and I don't think anyone else, unless they own a unicorn, does either. But... What's your best educated guess as to calf prices for the next 6 months to a year. A lot of variables to consider but there are a good many intelligent members and I'd like to see what the common consensus is?

I can tell you I don't know what they will be but 90% of my whole herd is leaving ive sold off a lot and am using the money towards better investments.

skyhightree1":2vcgvp3i said:
I can tell you I don't know what they will be but 90% of my whole herd is leaving ive sold off a lot and am using the money towards better investments.

Better investment? With all this drinking going on, invest in Whiskey! These three wine, whiskey and liquor companies could uncork your profits this year: Brown-Forman (NYSE: BF-A) (NYSE: BF-B), Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ), and Diageo (NYSE: DEO).

Bright Raven":12c3j10k said:
skyhightree1":12c3j10k said:

Better investment? With all this drinking going on, invest in Whiskey! These three wine, and liquor companies could uncork your profits this year: Brown-Forman (NYSE: BF-A) (NYSE: BF-B), Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ), and Diageo (NYSE: DEO).

I already invested in a brewery :) but dabbling in real estate a lot more profitable

skyhightree1":1hmj4kd8 said:
Bright Raven":1hmj4kd8 said:
skyhightree1":1hmj4kd8 said:

Better investment? With all this drinking going on, invest in Whiskey! These three wine, and liquor companies could uncork your profits this year: Brown-Forman (NYSE: BF-A) (NYSE: BF-B), Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ), and Diageo (NYSE: DEO).

I already invested in a brewery :) but dabbling in real estate a lot more profitable

let me rephrase those are more profitable than cattle

ALACOWMAN":3k23cnri said:
Lota things more profitable than cattle....but nothing more enjoyable..and I enjoyable them :cowboy:

Im keeping some but more money in my pocket is more enjoyable and let's me afford other enjoyable things

skyhightree1":3th6jqpu said:
JMJ Farms":3th6jqpu said:
I don't have a crystal ball and I don't think anyone else, unless they own a unicorn, does either. But... What's your best educated guess as to calf prices for the next 6 months to a year. A lot of variables to consider but there are a good many intelligent members and I'd like to see what the common consensus is?

Can't say I blame you. Certainly won't tell you that it's not smart. I just can't make myself do it. Not yet anyway. The time may come where I don't have a choice. I'm still expanding right now.

JMJ Farms":1d08bxut said:
skyhightree1":1d08bxut said:
JMJ Farms":1d08bxut said:

Can't say I blame you. Certainly won't tell you that it's not smart. I just can't make myself do it. Not yet anyway. The time may come where I don't have a choice. I'm still expanding right now.

I love my cattle I really do.. I don't love them enough to spend a majority of my time on things to do with them for little benefits they are a business to me I have to keep it that way. The cows I'm keeping will have a lifetime home

skyhightree1":2wmc8olp said:
JMJ Farms":2wmc8olp said:
skyhightree1":2wmc8olp said:

I love my cattle I really do.. I don't love them enough to spend a majority of my time on things to do with them for little benefits they are a business to me I have to keep it that way. The cows I'm keeping will have a lifetime home

That makes no sense and is a waste of money. I try and salvage a little something out of everything. Do you sell scrap metal?

True Grit Farms":3b8133ye said:
skyhightree1":3b8133ye said:
JMJ Farms":3b8133ye said:

That makes no sense and is a waste of money. I try and salvage a little something out of everything. Do you sell scrap metal?

These I raised by bottle and are my pets I'll waste money on them. I do sell scrap metal actually.

callmefence":22anetto said:
Scrap metal ain't worth the diesel to load and haul it right now. Since it don't eat I'm letting it sit.

Your right I got a huge pile I will scrap when prices go up.. and use what i can off of it in the mean time