Millet Grass?

Help Support CattleToday:

J

Reaction score
Seems like I've heard of this stuff before but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. One of the guys at work is about to plant some, he is claiming it will grow 6ft. to 7ft. tall and they will cut & bale it 3 or 4 times. Sounds a little extreme to me :shock: maybe they got a hold a a good salesman or something.

Does this info sound about right? Is there any problems with this type of grass I should warn him about?
It's my understanding they are going to bale it for their horses?

Any suggestions?

:?:

Brown top Millit makes good hay/feed. You can cut it a few times a year and it respondes great to N. I have only seen it about 2 feet tall though and that was in the garden. I plan to plant some to mix with my ground ear corn for bull feed.

Sounds more like sudan/sudex type to me. The tops look like millet, at least to me they do

dun

J":2xnxdmz3 said:
Seems like I've heard of this stuff before but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. One of the guys at work is about to plant some, he is claiming it will grow 6ft. to 7ft. tall and they will cut & bale it 3 or 4 times. Sounds a little extreme to me :shock: maybe they got a hold a a good salesman or something.

Does this info sound about right? Is there any problems with this type of grass I should warn him about?
It's my understanding they are going to bale it for their horses?

Any suggestions?

:?:

Pearl Millet. No prussic acid worries.

Latest posts