Millennial's are going to see it rough...........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent":pyqdrikt said:
Farm Fence Solutions":pyqdrikt said:
Nesikep":pyqdrikt said:
Holy smokes, $31 USD/hr is like $42 CAD/hr..

I must be #$% stupid!

Money only affects wealth if you let it. Granted, it takes a little money to keep the bills paid, but a great many of the folks that take the $31/hr are flat broke all the time because they can't control their spending.....And they are miserable.

I think that is for sure a problem with the Millennials. They wouldn't raised in hard times like the great generation and somewhat the older baby-boomers.

Its not just millenials.... its society as a whole.

Brute 23":18i0ohfr said:
ddd75":18i0ohfr said:
bud light plant here is starting people @ 31.00 / hr

At one point Pizza Hut had a sign out paying $16 an hour.

We are paying upper $20/hr, 401K, insurance, cell phone, truck, and provide housing... no experience need to go to West Texas. Slightest O&G experience will get you $30 or more depending on experience.

its crazy.. not even a job around with obama and if you did find it you'd be lucky to get 10-12 / hr.

now they have full page ads every day around here. 16 - 24 / hr start is the average for most companies. some showing 24 / hr starting and now this new one @ 31 / hr is insane. Local Honda plant has always been a good paying job. Out of high school I was making 24/hr and monthly bonuses. they are up to 28 or 29 / hr right now and always need people.

main problem they said in the paper is they can't get anyone to work and even if they do hire people they don't show up.. if they do get lucky and they show up they quit in a few days to a week.

I work for myself but i've been taking on jobs recently as I'm getting 400/hr to do easy work.. I just can't pass it up.. I'd like to farm it out but I can't find anyone that can do anything.

Yea, I thought I just read a while back that millennials as a whole are less likely to spend beyond their means than their parents were. I know it's fashionable to complain about millennials but it is my generation, people in their 40's and 50's, that screwed them up by stressing how important it is to get a 4 year degree minimum and how they should choose a career that they like over one that pays well. They value enjoying life more than making money and maybe that is a good thing as long as they can pay their bills. Sure there may be some young people complaining about not getting a job in their field of study, but they are employed at probably a higher percentage than previous generations.

I

I tell my 16 year old twins that with a good work ethic they'll never go hungry. One of my farmer clients (my favorite type of client) told me that he told his girls that he and mom would always be a safety net, but not a hammock. I always liked that saying!

ddd75":349obsrh said:
I work for myself but i've been taking on jobs recently as I'm getting 400/hr to do easy work.. I just can't pass it up.. I'd like to farm it out but I can't find anyone that can do anything.

$400? Or $40? If it's $400 I dropped the ball!

We know a guy who had a fairly successful glass business. He wanted to slowly retire out over the next 5 years and pass it off to some one else. He was willing to train them, finance the sale, etc. In 5 years he never found any one and ended up just shutting the doors.

JMJ Farms":d56sp214 said:
ddd75":d56sp214 said:

400. I don't actually get paid that per hour.. its just what i profit after I do a job. This guy has been handing me money like its free. I am 3 years behind on jobs right now and people just need someone who will actually work so they are overpaying.

There are actually these minimalist trends and anti-technology group that are getting big among millenials.

I work with baby boomers right now who ask me to help with their 401K and stuff. They have less than I do but have been making 6 figures 2 or 3 times the amount of time I have. They are always complaining about their kids, showing me pics of their vacations, lecturing me about my truck or boat or what ever.... but ya... Im still the problem. :roll:

Nothing like a person asking you to sell their company stock in their 401K for them to buy some think you bought then 10 minutes later telling you how to handle your finances. :lol:

ddd75":27cx25yr said:
JMJ Farms":27cx25yr said:
ddd75":27cx25yr said:

400. I don't actually get paid that per hour.. its just what i profit after I do a job. This guy has been handing me money like its free. I am 3 years behind on jobs right now and people just need someone who will actually work so they are overpaying.

Some days I never breathe hard. Some days I work so hard my feet drag when I get out of the truck at night. I do well. But I think I cheat myself and work too cheap at times. As long as I'm physically able to work (and I mean work) then I don't ever see being without something to do. This is contingent of course on lazy people having money. I make my living because of what my clients CAN'T DO. But I make a good portion of money just because I'm willing to do what a lot of my clients WON'T DO.

It's the new industry here, I believe there is five sand plants being put in around here.

Allenw":ng4jhsyc said:
It's the new industry here, I believe there is five sand plants being put in around here.

I know a guy who's working in West Texas on a sand plant. He's a week there and a week home. When he got the job I ask what a sand plant was and he just said "Don't know and don't care they're paying good".

What exactly does "a sand plant do"? That's foreign around here unless I'm just in the dark. Which is a good possibility.

ddd75":myxvfr3l said:
JMJ Farms":myxvfr3l said:
ddd75":myxvfr3l said:

So people will wait 3 years for you to show up and work? What are you doing for them ? Remodeling ?

Latest posts