Milking Shorthorn

Help Support CattleToday:

@MurraysMutts, you do so well with your rehab projects. This is our "cheap heavy bred" bought in December, calved Jan 5. No clue on age-but she is solid-mouthed. She'll follow a feed bucket but isn't fond of being too crowded. She and her calf are the "wrong color", but at a month old he's growing like a weed. I like underdogs I guess. He'll end up being direct market beef. Just want to give her some more paddingā€¦.

Attachments

• 9F08DBDD-6756-4DF3-B89D-1CF6D61B3688.jpeg
    9F08DBDD-6756-4DF3-B89D-1CF6D61B3688.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 6C6113B7-D87E-4AC3-A867-924FBF4EC162.jpeg
    6C6113B7-D87E-4AC3-A867-924FBF4EC162.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
@MurraysMutts, you do so well with your rehab projects. This is our "cheap heavy bred" bought in December, calved Jan 5. No clue on age-but she is solid-mouthed. She'll follow a feed bucket but isn't fond of being too crowded. She and her calf are the "wrong color", but at a month old he's growing like a weed. I like underdogs I guess. He'll end up being direct market beef. Just want to give her some more paddingā€¦.
Love that pair!
Calf looks great!! I bet he will eat well.
I admire the British white/park cattle. I just love the black ears and nose. They really stand out.

I probly spend way more on feed than I should. I sure do enjoy fixing one up tho!
Been very fortunate in that most of mine have done well for me. Losing that last purchased bottle calf hurt a little. I gave 10 dollars more than I wanted to for him. Makes me and the other calves work harder to make it up I guess.

The 2 jersey projects are sure eating good for not producing yet! But we will get there. They were economical. If they do as I suspect they will do, they will more than make up for all the hard work.

Thanks for the kind words! šŸ˜Š
I appreciate it more than you'll know. Some days a guy feels like he's just treading water. Other days are amazing!

When Bessie finally calves, it should be one of those amazing days for me..

Here's to hoping she sheds off nicely this summer. Coat still looking rough but good condition and good bag. Personally, id give her chance to get bred and calve.

Here's to hoping she sheds off nicely this summer. Coat still looking rough but good condition and good bag. Personally, id give her chance to get bred and calve.
Yep. She's got a LOT of hair! šŸ˜†
Bred hereford she oughtta make a pretty calf. May not be a market topper, but pretty none the less..

O! And she's in good enough shape to cycle. I couldn't get a pic the other day, but the lil boys were all trying to get her.

Bred hereford she oughtta make a pretty calf. May not be a market topper, but pretty none the less..

O! And she's in good enough shape to cycle. I couldn't get a pic the other day, but the lil boys were all trying to get her.
Amazing what a little tlc can došŸ¤ šŸ¤ šŸ¤ 

Many of the shorthorns have been bred for the show calf markets and the long hair is part of that.

Hope she brings more than I gave for her!
Her steer did well a lil while back. Didn't bring as much as I'd a liked but he did good.

If anyone wants to bid, PM me. I'll share where shes at. She will sell Monday!
I hope she gets a good home, but that's unlikely. Slaughter prices are still holding.
20220415_113320.jpg

Why did she take the ride?
I just didn't want to wait til next spring for a calf. That and she's the wrong color.
Combined with I've too many cows!
I hope she gets a happy home. She's only 4yrs old.

O! And did you see her nursing my jersey? Obviously can't have a jersey that'll let anything nurse around her!!

Latest posts