Milker questions (lots of questions)

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds":1qh4jfk8 said:
My only complaint with this set up of mine is when she gets the urge to poop or pee the belt slides off her back and the cups lose suction.
She pooped once and before I could grab the belt the cups lost suction and the hind cups dropped into the poop and the suction started again and I just heard that sloop and I just stood there cussing!
Dumped the milk that day.

I know a lady that has a milk bucket for sale. It is one that stands on the floor and has the clear tubes coming off the cups. I can find out what she wants for it. It does not come with the vaccum pump.

why are u moving the strap behind the hip bones? have been milking with this setup for years and have never done this.... is there a reason? not moving it should solve this problem....

Used to milk test at a farm that used a surge milker like in the pictures, for their fresh and treated cows. It was a stanchion barn and it was easier to use the pail. They always put the strap over the back and a bit forward of center on the cows, never saw it moved behind the hips. They milked over 100, bringing the cows in 20 at a time on each side and always had one or two in the bucket. cows never raised a fuss and it couldn't fall off when it was across their back well in front of the hips.

I have a delval setup. Bought at garage sale $85 never used it but had pump vacuum gauge bucket and lid and claw. Woman had it and had quit milking goats.

Latest posts