Milk question

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
I noticed today that when I milked my Holstein one of the quarters came out like cream or spoiled milk. It was coagulated, like spoiled milk. I do not think the calf is feeding off the rear quarter, because her teat is too small. Is this a problem? I gave the milk to the pigs today. Can I drink the milk tomorrow if it is clear? It cleared up right away after I milked her for a few minutes. I am going to milk her out everyday now. I have not been, because when I put the calf on her and I milk her I get only a 1/2 gallon and that is at night time, after the calf has been on her all day. What should I do.

watch that teat.by you saying the milk has clumps in it but clears up sounds like mastitis.but you say it clears up.is the milk yellow looking out of the teat.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:vJ ... cd=1&gl=ca

Lancemart here is a link for mastitis because that is what she has......

You need to strip that quarter and get some meds in it ,the best thing for that is Special Formula,( that is the brand name) and you also need to hit her hard for at least three days with a short acting med like Trivetrin .

Go to your vet clinic first thing in the morning and get all the meds you will need and the exact protocol.

Mastitis is no lacadasical matter ,you need this treated properly ASAP or you beautiful heifer will become a three quarter cow or even worse.

Latest posts