Milk Powder

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
Well folks....................

I got a call a few days ago, asking if I was interested in picking up a trailer load of dry milk powder....................'well, of course, I said yes!'

Ok, so now I have approx. 4,000 pounds of individually packaged NON-FAT dry milk powder on my cattle trailer, and more to pick up. The only disapointment of course is the non-fat part.

ok, other then perhaps top dressing cattle feed, especial our younger calf's feed,........................anyone have any suggestions for getting the best use out of it, say within the next few months? Hummmmmmmm? ;-) :cboy:

There are a lot of people up here who mix it with milk replacer to extend the bag and feed it to bottle calves.

Naw....I don't have a dark , yet pristine barn clean enuff to raise veal...although I do love it on the plate! :p :p

I have been playing around with it.... the older calves sure do love it mixed up with warm water, and the cows are licking the bunks clean of it when I top dress, I know beggers should not be chosers...But gee, I wish it was whole milk powder! Have no idea how to 'add' fat to it.

I ran over a few bags of it today while repalletizing it to store in the barn, and the dogs stood licking the pile for quite some time. Yummmmy. :cboy:

Medic24":37filc2t said:
Naw....I don't have a dark , yet pristine barn clean enuff to raise veal...although I do love it on the plate! :p :p

I have been playing around with it.... the older calves sure do love it mixed up with warm water, and the cows are licking the bunks clean of it when I top dress, I know beggers should not be chosers...But gee, I wish it was whole milk powder! Have no idea how to 'add' fat to it.

I ran over a few bags of it today while repalletizing it to store in the barn, and the dogs stood licking the pile for quite some time. Yummmmy. :cboy:

I hope they aren't indoor dogs! :shock:

Latest posts