Milk? Or?

Help Support CattleToday:

Billdevaul

Reaction score
got a 6 month old beefmaster heffer, good lookin animal real healthy, every other small calf in the pasture keeps suckin on her teets.. i could have swore i saw a lil white fluid drippin from there mouths.. am i crazy she hasnt been bred, and her sack dont look like it has anything in it, so how is this possible or are they just sucking dry teets? or ??? help im cornfused.....

Billdevaul":1wiwzv2h said:
got a 6 month old beefmaster heffer, good lookin animal real healthy, every other small calf in the pasture keeps suckin on her teets.. i could have swore i saw a lil white fluid drippin from there mouths.. am i crazy she hasnt been bred, and her sack dont look like it has anything in it, so how is this possible or are they just sucking dry teets? or ??? help im cornfused.....

A) Probably just foam from them sucking so hard.
B) Get her away from the suckers

dun

Usually the one doing the sucking is not the problem. It's the one letting them suck. No matter, seperate.

Yes, you can possibly ruin her teats if you let it continue. If they are going through a development stage you could even cause an infection in the teat/udder, ruining a 1/4 or more. Move the heifer as soon as possible, and seperate the calve(s) if they persist with other animals after the heifer in question is not available.

Latest posts