Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Picked anna up a couple days ago. Will have a few more in the next week or so

annaforeudder.JPG

annarearudder.JPG

Annaside.JPG

The problem with her:
annamouth.JPG

She could use a little more condition but she looks great! How old is she? Hope she works out well for you!

She's actually in really good flesh. She's been on pasture/hay only so far I'm only getting her started on grain now. She's 4 and so far doing a good job. Just peeved about the mouth since she is reg'd and I'd hoped to produce reg'd kids and that mouth is actually a cull fault ...

Keren":15f9bbvw said:
She's actually in really good flesh. She's been on pasture/hay only so far I'm only getting her started on grain now. She's 4 and so far doing a good job. Just peeved about the mouth since she is reg'd and I'd hoped to produce reg'd kids and that mouth is actually a cull fault ...

Breed her to an overshot jawed billy and even it up!

Keren":vj36n30l said:
undershot jaw :frowns:

I don't know much about goats Keren but I think you are being a little hard on her. If you breed her to a genetically sound animal her off spring should be almost perfect.

BTW how due you keep them so white ???
She is very pretty..good luck with her..... :)

I agree with what Hills wrote, breed her to a male that you know doesn't carry the gene. You can improve the offspring but it will take time. BTW for a goat she's not that bad to look at ;-)
Jane

The breed standard actually states that this is a disqualifying fault, so she should never have been reg'd in the first place. Buuuuut ... I will breed her to a sound mouthed buck and be super critical on kids and hope that they turn out all right. Given that she has a fantastic udder and not a bad body.

Jane ... she is actually one of my uglier goats, with that mouth she is also very thin muzzled, and I hate the waddles (little dangly bits on her neck)

hills ... she's only pretty and white now because she's still in the quarrantine pen on straw bedding. wait till she is out in my black soil wont be so white then :lol2:

You can snip the wattls off right at the skin when they are kids. They're about the same as skin tags on humans, the base is actually pretty small when they are young.

dun":1x4ls592 said:
You can snip the wattles off right at the skin when they are kids. They're about the same as skin tags on humans, the base is actually pretty small when they are young.

You know, I had never seen waddles on a kid until one of my xb boer does threw a kid with waddles out of the blue. But man, those waddles are H-U-G-E on her!

I didnt realise you could take them off as kids. I might when I start getting babies. I just dont like them, I know its silly

Keren":26lfm4k8 said:
The breed standard actually states that this is a disqualifying fault, so she should never have been reg'd in the first place. Buuuuut ... I will breed her to a sound mouthed buck and be super critical on kids and hope that they turn out all right. Given that she has a fantastic udder and not a bad body.

Jane ... she is actually one of my uglier goats, with that mouth she is also very thin muzzled, and I hate the waddles (little dangly bits on her neck)

hills ... she's only pretty and white now because she's still in the quarrantine pen on straw bedding. wait till she is out in my black soil wont be so white then :lol2:

Is she a Saanen?
Don't you hate it when they have faults that you can't do anything about but they just have something about them that makes you want to keep them? We have a Holstein at the farm where i work that is UGLY, she scored a 55 on classification (BAD) but she gives SO much milk that we hold onto her!!
I hate those little wattle things too..I always found them to be kinda creepy

Yeah, she's reg'd saanen.

I'm getting used to looking at her ugly face. I must chop that beard off though.

:lol2: I know none of this matters in the big scale of things, but I figure if I have to look at my animals at least twice a day, well I need to enjoy looking at them. Which is why I dont have belgian blues or anglo nubians :lol2: