Military Sports Tributes

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Apparenly it's costing us, the taxpayers, millions of dollars for those tributes to the troops at major sporting events. Evening singing 'God Bless America' costs money to tax payers. Unbelievable. You'd think those folks, who are in the position to do something amazing for people making it possible for them to make millions playing a game-A GAME!, would do the right thing. Bunch of crooks, the lot of them. They should all be fined.

Bestoutwest":gy4pp1ih said:
Apparenly it's costing us, the taxpayers, millions of dollars for those tributes to the troops at major sporting events. Evening singing 'God Bless America' costs money to tax payers. Unbelievable. You'd think those folks, who are in the position to do something amazing for people making it possible for them to make millions playing a game-A GAME!, would do the right thing. Bunch of crooks, the lot of them. They should all be fined.

As long as it's showing appreciation for the troops and/or love for our country I'll gladly pay my part....yours too so you won't starve. I love those patriotic songs and tributes and absolutely love and appreciate our soldiers.

If your looking for waste , go down to welfare office and adopt a few million. At a time in this country when people are burning flags and the liberals trying to tear everything down when I see these patriotic displays it makes my heart swell with pride.

So you guys thinks it's OK for these teams to charge the military? Just asking b/c to me it seems a little crazy that these teams would charge.

And TB, I pay my part. I'm just sick of paying my :2cents: on crap.

Bigfoot":16d9u3cf said:
Wait a minute, the government pays the teams to do a fly over?

I always thought the TEAM(s) payed for the flyover. How do you know who pays for what? Please give me a credible source for your information. Had a chance to go to downtown Houston this morning and drove by a place on Congress St. Must have been 200 bums standing, sitting, laying around in the street and sidewalks. Many of them young and appeared fully able to work. Why weren't they working? By the way, it was the Star of Hope mission they were hanging around which, by the way, was under construction. None of them were working - not even for a meal. Don't know how much the Gov't gives to the Star of Hope.

I always thought the TEAM(s) payed for the flyover.

No, everything that goes on within a game--or overhead, is a kind of "intellectual property" of the team. If you want to advertise, whether you are Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrup Aviation, Goodyear blimp, General Motors, New Holland or United States Army, you have to pay the school, the conference, and/or the owner if it is a pro team.
IMO, $$$ well spent.
Why do it this way instead of the team or NFL/MLB paying the service?

Many areas, and colleges would just refuse to pay or even allow the military to advertise in front of their liberal base attendees.
An NFL owner that was a peacnik would be very unlikely to ante up any $$ at all, but few if any could refuse getting $$$ from the services.

greybeard":24jnw41s said:
I always thought the TEAM(s) payed for the flyover.

No, everything that goes on within a game--or overhead, is a kind of "intellectual property" of the team. If you want to advertise, whether you are Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrup Aviation, Goodyear blimp, General Motors, New Holland or United States Army, you have to pay the school, the conference, and/or the owner if it is a pro team.
IMO, $$$ well spent.
Why do it this way instead of the team or NFL/MLB paying the service?

Many areas, and colleges would just refuse to pay or even allow the military to advertise in front of their liberal base attendees.
An NFL owner that was a peacnik would be very unlikely to ante up any $$ at all, but few if any could refuse getting $$$ from the services.

OK, got it. As far as I'm concerned its money well spent.

Bestoutwest":1hcuac3k said:
So you guys thinks it's OK for these teams to charge the military? Just asking b/c to me it seems a little crazy that these teams would charge.

And TB, I pay my part. I'm just sick of paying my :2cents: on crap.
Gag at a gnat and swallow a camel. Typical !!!! What's your next bytch gonna be about??

Latest posts