Military questions

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
OK I have few questions.

1) How does a guy who didn't finish basic get military benefits. He was discharged but it wasn't honorable it was something else.

2) I know of other vetrans that served for yrs and they don't get anything. Why is he receiving and them not.

1) Medically discharged from basic?
2) Every veteran is eligible for benefits ranging from tuition to home mortgage to medical, etc.

Sounds like a general discharge but there are several but most get tossed into the general category. Other than a dishonorable discharge he would qualify for benefits.

JHH":gw6q58vk said:
Even not finishing basic? That's a bunch of b.s.
Depends. If not finishing was no fault of the recruit, then he would and should be entitled to benefits. There was a recruit in my boot camp platoon that got his neck broke during pugil stick (bayonet) training. He recovered, but got a medical discharge. No reason he shouldn't recieve mil benefits. I'm not talking about the same bennies career military gets upon retirement, just GI Bill, hiring preference in some jobs etc.

JHH":pj6iy5un said:

You seem really upset about that... What about the ones that get killed in basic... Should they not get burial benefits and such?

I agree with jhh.
Military benefits like welfare often go to those who make a job out of collecting them. I've had several employees that collected military disability but could build fence just fine. I asked the most recent. He told me his body hurts sometimes from the abuse. He never saw combat. What abuse...??
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve benefits. But he is by no means disabled. He quit shortly after hearing my opinion and I'm glad he did.
Red fought with the Marines on the invasion and occupation of Japan.
He was on Iwo Jima when the atomic bombs ended the war. He worked for the railroad post military and never used VA benefits. In his last year when they where needed. My mother and my wife worked for almost a year sorting through VA bs. . Red died before he ever used his benefits and we just paid the bill.

Anything can be abused no matter what it is....Not all disability is physical... Some people are mentally disabled combat or not. Kids that come out the womb that are mentally disabled never seen combat either but never the less they are disabled in some cases.

My take on military benefits are that those that enlist do knowing they are taking their life and handing it to the gov't in good times and bad. That is something a vast majority of the general public are not willing to do. If they get benefits they did something that ensures myself and families continued " Freedom " and I'm ok with it. The military benefits such as going to the VA for healthcare for free well you get what you pay for there so that benefit isn't that great. Many veterans that served in war times are mistreated by the VA and cant get appointments and such so just because you get some benefits doesn't mean there the best benefits ever cause there is room for improvement in that sector. The bottom line for me is the military does a job I don't want to do that is very important if you try and don't make it through you've done more than most.

My maternal Grandfather(WWII Europe) received very good care through the VA before he passed. My paternal Grandfather(Korea) is receiving very good care at the VA hospital in Indianapolis right now. My Dad has taken care of most of the medical care/Dr. visits for both of them, and has high praise for the VA in Indianapolis. I know they have some serious issues that need cleared up, but our experience has been positive.

Farm Fence Solutions":3moio9jw said:
My maternal Grandfather(WWII Europe) received very good care through the VA before he passed. My paternal Grandfather(Korea) is receiving very good care at the VA hospital in Indianapolis right now. My Dad has taken care of most of the medical care/Dr. visits for both of them, and has high praise for the VA in Indianapolis. I know they have some serious issues that need cleared up, but our experience has been positive.

That's good. :)

Not working because you got a occasional ache and pain is not disabled.
I am thirty miles from the largest landlocked military base in the free world. There's some great American heros there for sure. But they are outnumbered by welfare whores.
The fact that you join the military doesn't mean you may be put into danger. In fact nowadays just knowing what to say will get you out of your contract. And your perks go with you.
I pay for my own benefits because it's the path I choose. I will gladly pay to support or military personnel who served me. But we can do without the ones who just sign up and then look for a way out. ... Google it.... they teach each other how to do it. It's common knowledge and it's part of the swamp that needs to be drained.

My dad was in WWII and he got good care at the VA in Johnson City TN. That was were he passed, but they took good care of him til the end. Every-time the Doc came to see him there were several trainees following and they had to have their vial of blood also. It was a good ideal to go there with plenty of blood I noticed.

I know a couple of guys who know how to rape the system. One was in the National Guards. Furthest he went was Ft. Carson for training. He's told close friends how he killed in Vietnam. All BS. He's complained enough about hearing problems the VA provides hearing aids and batteries.

I was over at his house one time and his wife and my wife were walking through the yard looking down. I asked what they were doing, and he as he was setting in the lawn chair, said he lost his hearing aid and they were looking for it. I asked him why he thought it was in the yard and he said he had it in his shirt pocket and was throwing the ball for the dog. I told him there's not way, probably on his shop bench or in the dirty clothes. Because he can't bend over far enough for something to fall out of his shirt pocket.

Anyways, he told everyone to quit looking he'd get a new one tomorrow. I asked him how. Because the VA provides them. They also pay him mileage one way!

I see how he lives and he's a leach, always wanting someone to do something for him.

I can see how someone get's to wondering about VA benefits.

skyhightree1":2ir7bhvy said:
JHH":2ir7bhvy said:

You seem really upset about that... What about the ones that get killed in basic... Should they not get burial benefits and such?

I am. This guy gets 9xx a month for a disability from VA. He already gets 13xx. A month from what Missouri calls SSI. He has dementia, and polycystic kidney disease. PKD. Anyway he was discharged for not obeying orders or probably not able to.

The whole disability thing I get but when he didn't even finish basic he shouldn't be eligible for them for the reason he got discharged. This is how come the government is upside down. Lack of common sense.

Farm Fence Solutions":27jz2npg said:
With this agent orange crap I'm dealing with I've had very good experience with the VA in MO.

JHH":3dryciag said:
skyhightree1":3dryciag said:
JHH":3dryciag said:

I am. This guy gets 9xx a month for a disability from VA. He already gets 13xx. A month from what Missouri calls SSI. He has dementia, and polycystic kidney disease. PKD. Anyway he was discharged for not obeying orders or probably not able to.

The whole disability thing I get but when he didn't even finish basic he shouldn't be eligible for them for the reason he got discharged. This is how come the government is upside down. Lack of common sense.

Definitely agree gov't is crap and no common sense but hey they have had many years to fix common sense issues but they don't.

First of all I am a Viet Nam vet and deal with the VA. I have been very happy with the service I received. To me a bigger issue is social security disability. My wife had both knees replaced. She took vacation time and then worked from home. Yet we still got a call from a lawyer offering to get her on full disability. He said he knew the right doctors and would take a share of her SS benefits in payment. We said no.
One of our grand daughters has a 20 year old boyfriend on full disability because of "anger" issues. Another fellow a few miles from of is on full disability for a bad back yet his hobby is mud racing 4 wheelers. Another 40 year old fellow has disability for a bad back also but only after getting fired from many jobs for his attitude. Then all at once he went to a doctor who discovered this bad back thing. Did you know you can get full disability if you are an alcoholic? Also full disability for drug abuse. Feeling depressed? Check with the right attorney and he will find you the right doctor to confirm it. I know there are legitimate needs for SS disability and I have no problem with that. Sorry for the rant but it's hard to see a 20 year doing absolutely nothing because he beats up on his girl friend.

farmguy":m8imgmpu said:
[...]
One of our grand daughters has a 20 year old boyfriend on full disability because of "anger" issues. Another fellow a few miles from of is on full disability for a bad back yet his hobby is mud racing 4 wheelers. Another 40 year old fellow has disability for a bad back also but only after getting fired from many jobs for his attitude. Then all at once he went to a doctor who discovered this bad back thing. Did you know you can get full disability if you are an alcoholic? Also full disability for drug abuse. Feeling depressed? Check with the right attorney and he will find you the right doctor to confirm it. I know there are legitimate needs for SS disability and I have no problem with that. Sorry for the rant but it's hard to see a 20 year doing absolutely nothing because he beats up on his girl friend.

That would worry me!
As for Mr. 4-wheeler, someone should get a pic and turn him in. [Maybe the gov't should give squealers a $500 check if they turn in proof of their SSI/WC buddies out 4 wheeling etc?]
Have a friend in health care who's often asked (by patients) to sign off of disability and WC. They get mad because he's not a pushover. He's turned down many a person who comes in hunched over with a cane or in a wheelchair, who he has shortly thereafter seen skipping along the aisles of Walmart (usually carrying pretty heavy loads of booze). On the other hand, he has a elderly patient who was injured on the job decades ago (serious legit injury which disabled him severely for life). My friend has to fill out a ream of paperwork every few months attesting that this guy can STILL not do the (manual labor) job. He's like 90 now. Ridiculous.

I'm my worst enemy when it comes to disability and people playing to system. I have lots of pictures of people parking in the disabled parking spots and getting out of their vehicles and walking away like it's no big deal. Just a bit of advice some people get really mad when you take their picture.

Latest posts