Military Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
I just read an article in the Western Livestock Journal. US troops are Not being furnished US beef. Military personel in Iraq, Afganistain and other places are eating beef contracted from Europe [like our friends France and Germany] and other places, but not from the USA.

Just wondering what ya'll think of this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

mnmt

I think the U.S. Government and its contractors shoudl be rewuitred to buy American whenever possible. Many countries have this requirment. Off course they would say its a supply/spoilage issue.

Well, I'm not American, so I have no horse in this race, but I have a friend who is a Major in the US Army, and he is a veterinarian. He was in Kuwait in the Gulf War, and part of his job was to visit slaughter plants in Europe to ensure the safety of the meat being supplied to the troops in the Middle East. There was a problem with shipping the quantities required from the US for the troops then. Now things may be different, but that was the reasoning then. At the time I thought it kind of interesting that he had two American passports, one to travel into communist countries to inspect meat.....and the other which he could get back into the US with.

Latest posts