Miles driven a day

Help Support CattleToday:

I put about 40 miles a week on my truck (one town trip).. about 6 times a year to Kamloops (next nearest city) that's about a 300 mile trip, and once a year to Vancouver for a couple weeks, that's about 2000 miles with all the running around...
I put about 10,000 miles a year on my truck

Friend of mine puts about 1000 miles a week on his truck... he's got 1.2 million kms or 750,000 miles on it

I put 50,000-60,000 miles a year on my trucks, swap 'em off every 4 years.

Somedays I don't crank my truck for 3-4 days. If I do go anywhere it's seldom more than 40-50 mile round trip with the occasional longer trip mixed in occasionally.

Some days I don't go anywhere. Today I'm headed to the hayfield which is 34 miles round trip. Will stop and get my mail on the way home this afternoon. Post office is 13 miles from home so 26 on any mail run day. Church is 10 miles. Nearest town is 40. Medical appts are 100.

Car is 8 years old and has 192,000 on it. I average right about 10,000 a year on the pickup. That all works out to be 93 miles a day.

When I was a electric coop service supervisor, my employees drove average 160 mile in a 8 hour day, probably average 40 miles per hour because of the type of roads. That would be 4 hours driving in a day. One hour in office for paperwork and servicing truck. That left 3 hours for service calls and meter hookups. My supervisor could not understand this and was always chewing my tail off because I did not get enough work from the men. After 32 years when I could retire, I said hello Oney I am leaving this place and I have never looked back.

Latest posts