Mileage Estimate

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
P1020195.jpg

I've posted this pic before. Never got around to discussing what kind of mileage you'd get with that sort of rig.

That little girl needs a boost. I'll be right there.

I'd say jo's right on the money. I had an 89 F150 with a 300 and 35's that got around 13 on the road. 0-60 in 15 minutes.

Depends. With a gas motor, you'd be hurtin'. With a diesel, if you turned up the power a bit, advanced the timing, and had some more efficient injectors built, you'd probably be getting the same (or close to) as it did stock. Of course, if you didn't have it hiked way up in the air and advanced the timing and did the injectors, you'd probably get 4 mpg over stock.

Rod

ga. prime":9yqugytq said:
I can't think of any practical use for a piece of equipment like that.

When I was a kid, I liked that kind of stuff. Not sure if it was a "more power" thing or a "chick magnet" thing. At this point in my life, I question the wisdom of my earlier thinking...

skyline":1xeuyznb said:
ga. prime":1xeuyznb said:

When I was a kid, I liked that kind of stuff. Not sure if it was a "more power" thing or a "chick magnet" thing. At this point in my life, I question the wisdom of my earlier thinking...
When I was kid, I always said, I'd have me one of those when I grow up.But know that,I'm grown,couldn't give me one.

Those tires have about the WORST rolling resistance known to man, equaling an arab supporting MPG capacity on the truck..figure about one family per wheel, and you have got it. :shock: It will go OVER anything, but around nothing but an old Donkey pulling a wagon full of cow poop.... :D

ga. prime":19j8dqmy said:

Only use I see is for picking up redneck women cause you literally would have to pick them up to get them in the thing. And I guess it would draining the oil simpler.

I don't know about you guys,but we sure had a bunch of fun in big lifted trucks back in the day.Most of us grew up a little and sold them to the next group of young dumb kids,but I still like to look at them.The last guy I had that worked for me before I sold the fence company had a 79 ford on 44's that could almost out run my old power stroke.Both trucks were a long way from a stock motor,but he only got about 2.5-3 mpg.He had a 100 gallon L tank in the bed just so he could get around w/out running out of gas,an L tank aslo makes a nice place to sit and drink beer.

EAT BEEF":2nmihppd said:
I don't know about you guys,but we sure had a bunch of fun in big lifted trucks back in the day.

What kinda fun? I think the post before yours hit it purty much right on.

Wewild":1ev73mvi said:
EAT BEEF":1ev73mvi said:
I don't know about you guys,but we sure had a bunch of fun in big lifted trucks back in the day.

What kinda fun? I think the post before yours hit it purty much right on.

Pickin up redneck girls was alot of fun,other girls didn't mind them either.I only had mine about six mounths.I sold it and bought a real nice black 93 F-350 diesel with a flat bed and started hauling cows.I thought it was the coolest truck around,but the girls didn't.

Playing in the mud,drinking beer in the back at tractor pulls(on the L tank,I still have the tank and use it for it's intended purpose),running over small cars with vegitarians inside(Well I made that one up,but it was fun knowing you could).You didn't do stuff like that huh.O well

The trick to picking up redneck girls was plenty of beer or Strawberry Hill and a 4x4 bigger than her daddys. :cowboy:

ga. prime":2tzv3v5u said:
P1020195.jpg

I've posted this pic before. Never got around to discussing what kind of mileage you'd get with that sort of rig.

I don't know for sure, but I'd say she has 15-20 years before she starts to fall apart.